southern_z71_92's 1983 GMC Jimmy build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was finally able to get the truck of my dreams. A 1983 GMC Jimmy. I was my dads in the late 90s and early 2000s and he sold it to my uncle. I've been trying to get it back from my uncle for the past 5 to 6 years now. anyway on to the truck

Its a 1983 GMC Jimmy with a 350 SBC with a quadrajet from a 1986 suburban. has a TH350 transmission that was built by a very reputable transmission shop here in town. My dad and my grandpa put the motor in it, and it actually came out of my grandpa's 1986 suburban. my dad and my grandpa also installed the TH350, reason for going with this instead of the factory 700r4 is because it was complete junk. it was rebuilt multiple times by the same shop the TH350 was and it took a dump every time. First year for the 700r4 so what do you expect. My dad also swapped in a 3.42 locking rear differential from a 1988? blazer. the original was on its last leg. The truck was never bashed, just drove and not maintained. still had the original shocks on it when my dad bought it in 1998. Has 32/11.5/15 A/T tires that my dad put on there in 1998 lol. so they wont be on it very long.

My initial plan for her. i was to go with a 2 inch lift, springs only, with some 33/12.5/15s. I need to do the frame brace kit around the steering gear box as well. i need to get wiper arms as well. i also need to fix the rear window. it currently does not go down. overall its a decent truck. i am very satisfied for now lol. ive already upgraded to a bigger air filter, and am going to change the oil soon and put a new fuel filter in as well. on to the pics. oh yeah and it does have factory A/C

You must be registered for see images

all i have for now. more things to come as i get money lol. what yall think

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Looks like a good starting point man!

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm ready to get the ball rolling.

I also got these yesterday from my neighbor for free. Most likely going on this thing. And they are brand new. Never been mounted.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks. yeah im so glad my uncle never sold it. he knew how much i wanted it and that as soon as i had the money that it would be mine.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm ready to get the ball rolling.

I also got these yesterday from my neighbor for free. Most likely going on this thing. And they are brand new. Never been mounted.
Wow that's one hell of a present