southern_z71_92's 1983 GMC Jimmy build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright guys get my crank and that one piston back on Tuesday. Hopefully I can go ahead and start getting it back together on that day. Getting closer to having her back on the road.

That Green Jimmy

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No crank today bearings haven't come in yet. Also waiting on complete set of factory style pistons. Grandpa said he wanted to put all new ones in he's paying for everything so I can save my money for the real build I want to do

That Green Jimmy

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well got the crank, bearings, and 7 pistons back the other day. Got all of them installed. Also picked up head gaskets and oil pan gaskets. Crank had to be turned 1 under and polished. Brand new set of sealed power pistons. Hastings rings. Sealed power bearings rod and mains. Yes I am missing one piston because It broke during delivery to the machine shop.

That Green Jimmy

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my 8th piston yesterday. Also got one head on yesterday and lifters installed. Should be doing other head today along with whatever else we can get some. My grandpa put the cam in while I was at work this past week. Right now from what I know all I need is fluids and more clean. Intake is so nasty.

That Green Jimmy

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yet another update. and this is everything that ive done so far with the temp engine.
- 8 new sealed power pistons
-new head gaskets
-new oil pan gaskets
-new intake gaskets
-crank polished and turned down 1
-crank installed
-all 8 pistons installed
-hastings rings
-sealed power main and rod bearings
-cam reinstalled
-timing chain installed
-lifters installed
-heads installed
Should be doing intake, timing chain cover, oil pan, and valve covers tomorrow. still have to pull water pump and all brackets from block in truck still. also have to role he truck forward and put her on the ground and hope that its low enough to be able to pull the motor.

Again i have different plans for the old girl.
-lizard skin the whole interior :floor, sides, gate, and roof
-new carpet
-new interior panels
-alpine sub, head unit, and speakers
- newer style seats with new brackets, i want to be able to recline and have full adjustment and access to rear seat.
-1980 nose swap w/cowl hood
-role pan
-20x12s
-37s
-4.56 gears
-mildly built sbc (cammed 355)
-soft topper
-built 700r4

all i can really think of right now. really wanting to make for of a show truck out of her more so than a trail rig/toy. ill still put her in the mud and play around though.