southern_z71_92's 1983 GMC Jimmy build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well decided to pull the top off the ole girl yesterday. And we'll I found a decent amount of rust. I'm going to have to get it fixed real fast. But I left the top off. I put a rail top truck toolbox on the back and bolted it down to the top bolt holes. Looks a lot better than I thought it would. But it decided to rain today so my back seat is getting a little wet. Anyway on to pics
You must be registered for see images

My buddies Toyota lot up my my light bar

That Green Jimmy

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Lookin good. Glad its back on the road. How are you liking those headlights? You don't see those everyday.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lookin good. Glad its back on the road. How are you liking those headlights? You don't see those everyday.
Thanks. Those headlights look good but duck so much. I have about a 30 or so foot glow. Not much output at all. I've got 6000k 55 hids in them. Idk if that makes it worse or better lol.

That Green Jimmy

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well a little while back as some may know i totaled my truck. I accidentally locked the brakes up going about 55 mph. lost control and couldnt save it, believe me i tried to save it. i hit a power pole at about 45 mph on the passenger side right at the firewall. buckled the firewall and floor board. twisted the frame up. most deff totaled. engine, trans, transfer case, lift, wheels & tires are all ok. that i can tell. differentials as well. i will have pics up before long just havent really been on the forum much lately and im not on my normal computer.

in light of totaling my baby ive purchased a 2002 Tahoe 4wd for pretty cheap. has 244k miles but doesnt leak a drop and in really good condition for the miles and age. clear coat is peeling on the roof and hood naturally. tires are hankook dynapro at-m tires and are practially brand new. really loving this truck. ill also pics of it up before long and a thread of its own. need to get back into the swing of things.