Southern Pride's Official Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I know. I've already lost some of it by tinting my tails, but removing the molding would be sick. I could still have traces of red with my ex cab emblem, red brake caliper, just little things.

The problem is I can't remove the dang molding without re-painting the whole truck. The molding makes a perfect seperation between my original paint up top, and my spray painted rockers. I think if I pulled the molding and painted up to the line where the molding normally would be, that line and difference in paint would look just horrible.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What you mean? Oh like paint to where the curve in the body line is right above the molding?

I just don't know. Def don't want to do the rhino lined look. I like the nice clean look but I don't think I can get that either painting it myself.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ask away brotha...let me delete all my messages now...So when you see this I should be good, or just ask in here.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
What you mean? Oh like paint to where the curve in the body line is right above the molding?

I just don't know. Def don't want to do the rhino lined look. I like the nice clean look but I don't think I can get that either painting it myself.

Yea thats the spot I was meaning, and a glossy rhino line probably wouldnt look 2 bad either

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
if you take your molding off i agree with 96k1500, rhino line the rockers. would look bad ass. i was debating on that on mine. also lookinto the sport bowtiw thats black with the red outline

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you take your molding off i agree with 96k1500, rhino line the rockers. would look bad ass. i was debating on that on mine. also lookinto the sport bowtiw thats black with the red outline

LOL funny you say that, I was looking at the same one...Well thinking about it...As far as the rhino lining I really don't like that look. I like a smooth painted body look...I'll prob just get the whole truck repainted. No sense in doing anything else half ass.

Adam, I'm loving the new sig pic. Are you running dual shocks as well?

Last edited:

OBS ROCK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I know. I've already lost some of it by tinting my tails, but removing the molding would be sick. I could still have traces of red with my ex cab emblem, red brake caliper, just little things.

The problem is I can't remove the dang molding without re-painting the whole truck. The molding makes a perfect seperation between my original paint up top, and my spray painted rockers. I think if I pulled the molding and painted up to the line where the molding normally would be, that line and difference in paint would look just horrible.

Yeah I took my molding off and its pretty scratched up. I need to repaint sometime!