Southern Pride's Official Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
id say no boot becase it has a cleaner look to the shock. also i have to say your lights came out really nice! i dont really like and after market ones so i think im going to get led bulbs for my stock ones. and i actually like a side wall on the toyos. my girl has 20s and its too flashy. i think im goin nittos next.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Looks like I've been slacking, the tails look good, summit has a set of led tails kinda like mine but instead of chrome around the led like mine they are black around the led, also I wouldnt run the boots on the shocks either

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what color is the boot?? The thing with the boots is they serve a purpose, keeping road grime , mud out of the shock. If you decide run no boots your shcoks could prematurely wear. It is a cleaner look but is it worth it??

South- Your lights turned out stupendous man! I think im going spary mine!

Last edited:

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you're always yelling.

haha southern im not yelling Im just typing loudly:gr_grin: Those tails look awesome I need to buy new ones for my truck cause theyre both cracked. I'm just gonna have to live with them for now until i can get the leds. No sense in buying some cheap oem ones in the meantime.

i have a pro comp sittin in my garage, but i will prolly end up selling it, tires are only 6 months old and not gettin rid of them, really a lil tall for what i use my truck for anyways

makes using it on the farm harder for when i do go out there

i bought it on an impulse buy from a guy used and now im just gonna sell it and use that money for a downpayment on a newer nicer hd truck

If you are actually looking to sell it... how much?

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what color is the boot?? The thing with the boots is they serve a purpose, keeping road grime , mud out of the shock. If you decide run no boots your shcoks could prematurely wear. It is a cleaner look but is it worth it??

South- Your lights turned out stupendous man! I think im going spary mine!

I agree and if the boots are red that would accent the black and red theme you already have goin..

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys the boots are actually black. I may leave them off. My cepek shocks have done fine without.

What I walked out to this morning :D
You must be registered for see images attach

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really didn't get that glossy look I was shooting for. I only had about 1/4 can of clear left over, and I just didn't care enough to go buy more. However, I was able to get them very very smooth atleast with that 1000 grit sandpaper...I still need to wet sand my towz too :hmm:

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do a light wet sand then polishing compound then a top coat finishing wax = glossy chum