soon to be new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i dont like the dodge body's but love the motor, the obs might get a motor swap well down the road though to one......

the newer dodge transmissions, esp in the newer hd trucks are actually pretty good, only a few electronic problems with any of the newer dodge trans from what i have seen the past 2 years

98 gmc 4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can make 600 horse with just a tune on a stock IP and a little bit bigger fuel nozzels and a little bigger turbo, the stock allison after a 100Hp tune they start to slip.

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks good!! but whats up with the 2500hd and duramax/allison emblems positions being switched?

Kansas_Burb

Reaction score
Shouldn't the word "ford" be banned on the site? Haha jk, but seriously.

I'd love to have a DMax one of these days.

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
Looks great, congrats!
Dont know who said it but you can get a dodge with a cummins set up just like the power wagon aside from the winch.

AND I dont know what you guys are smoking with this dodge and ford talk, the duramax allison combo has been on top every year. You cant compare a 08 chevy to a new dodge or ford as far as modern diesels go. They are constantly changing year to year the last 5-7 years, so if your going to compare you need to go year with year.
I personally test drove all 3 2011's chevy(well technically it was a GMC) dodge and ford last november. The GMC was STILL my pick of the 3. Sure it didnt have a solid axle but come on where is the advantage in real life? Not 1 person on this forum is going to go out and buy a NEW 40k-70k truck and go out 4x4ing where the solid axle has an advantage. And lets face it the IFS is NOT as bad as everyone seams to say. IFS bashing is some sort of band wagon that everyone likes to jump on. My 97 GMC 1500 I rebuilt the front end at 24x,*** some odd miles, lifted it the WRONG way and beat the hell out of it until 293,*** miles. Yea I blew some half shafts, but I knew I was abusing it and had the wrong set up from the get go. Also in the past I have had a D60 front solid axle and I have busted inner u-joints axle shafts and hubs. Honestly other than hubs the IFS was MUCH easier to fix.

Last thought... why are you all talking about horsepower and diesel engines?

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya im not sure why the badges are flipped, from what i can tell its never been painted or in an accident or anything, maybe the PO wanted them like that

i know the allison doesnt like a whole lot over stock so when i get a tune on it ill keep it calm, more for mileage and stuff for now, when i can get the trans built up more then it will make much more power

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
o and the truck was officially mine yesterday afternoon

drove it on a lil road trip to the gfs, the cluster said average of 27mpg with it set at 70 most of the way, except for about 30 miles when i couldnt go more than 50 because of snow and ****** weather

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great, congrats!
Dont know who said it but you can get a dodge with a cummins set up just like the power wagon aside from the winch.

AND I dont know what you guys are smoking with this dodge and ford talk, the duramax allison combo has been on top every year. You cant compare a 08 chevy to a new dodge or ford as far as modern diesels go. They are constantly changing year to year the last 5-7 years, so if your going to compare you need to go year with year.
I personally test drove all 3 2011's chevy(well technically it was a GMC) dodge and ford last november. The GMC was STILL my pick of the 3. Sure it didnt have a solid axle but come on where is the advantage in real life? Not 1 person on this forum is going to go out and buy a NEW 40k-70k truck and go out 4x4ing where the solid axle has an advantage. And lets face it the IFS is NOT as bad as everyone seams to say. IFS bashing is some sort of band wagon that everyone likes to jump on. My 97 GMC 1500 I rebuilt the front end at 24x,*** some odd miles, lifted it the WRONG way and beat the hell out of it until 293,*** miles. Yea I blew some half shafts, but I knew I was abusing it and had the wrong set up from the get go. Also in the past I have had a D60 front solid axle and I have busted inner u-joints axle shafts and hubs. Honestly other than hubs the IFS was MUCH easier to fix.

Last thought... why are you all talking about horsepower and diesel engines?
it wasnt a new ford, it was a 6.4, idr the exact year it is, but anyways, no, duramax/ allison is not on top. The cummins motor will/ always has been on top, and the ford trannies are for sure better then either dodge or the allison, there is no way an allison would hold up to the hp/ tq the new fords are making, and they will barley hold a dmax with a small tuner... anyways/ hijack

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
lol AGAIN with this kid? Right on son, Im sure you have lots of experiance with new diesel pickups. Bottom line is they are all nice trucks. I drove all 3 set up simular with the exception the dodge was a 4 door because they dont offer an ext cab anymore. I guess if you want to internet compare them and add aftermarket mods or simply look at max HP/TQ that you can make, you might have a point.