soon to be new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks guys, dont worry my obs isnt going anywhere, not worth it to trade it in or sell it so it will sit around till i fix it up more for an eventual show truck

now the ford things, the new diesel motors havent been out long and there is already people with blown motors

and yes dodge does have a solid axle in their hd trucks along with ford
I've only heard this with the 1st Job '11s before they had fixed all the kinks

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i dont work at an actual ford dealer, just lincoln mercury so i havent had much 1st hand experience with them besides a few oil changes, but from what i have seen online they have had a few problems...but ford has had problems with every diesel since they changed to the 6.0....

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i dont work at an actual ford dealer, just lincoln mercury so i havent had much 1st hand experience with them besides a few oil changes, but from what i have seen online they have had a few problems...but ford has had problems with every diesel since they changed to the 6.0....
Yeah man I hear ya... Damn emissions :nono:

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
loving the dmax, i want the corners in those lights, and the cab lights, anyways, if i were to get a new diesel, the dmax is out, it would be between a ford and a new cummins, and it would probably be the cummins, im a chevy boy all the way, but they are really slackign in the diesel part, a cummins can pull anything you hook it too, the powerstroke is just a staight up beast, especially with a tune and bigger twin turbos... easily 600-700 hp, the dmax has nothign going for it in my eyes.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
loving the dmax, i want the corners in those lights, and the cab lights, anyways, if i were to get a new diesel, the dmax is out, it would be between a ford and a new cummins, and it would probably be the cummins, im a chevy boy all the way, but they are really slackign in the diesel part, a cummins can pull anything you hook it too, the powerstroke is just a staight up beast, especially with a tune and bigger twin turbos... easily 600-700 hp, the dmax has nothign going for it in my eyes.
You can get north of 700 on the stock VGT... Just a tune and bump up the IP and you're good

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
true, i dont know much about them, ive just seen them with twin turbos and a programmer pulling like 600 to 700 hp, it would be so much fun to have one, and if they are anything like a 6.4 any of your buddies with a dmax has no chance in a race... my buddy has efi live and a bunch of other stuff (including a built tranny) on his 08 dmax... spent tons on mods, got it back that night raced a kid with a 6.4 and a tuner... lets just say the kid with the 6.4s status on fb was " danville what?" (the night after my buddy got his truck back from danville performance)

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
true, i dont know much about them, ive just seen them with twin turbos and a programmer pulling like 600 to 700 hp, it would be so much fun to have one, and if they are anything like a 6.4 any of your buddies with a dmax has no chance in a race... my buddy has efi live and a bunch of other stuff (including a built tranny) on his 08 dmax... spent tons on mods, got it back that night raced a kid with a 6.4 and a tuner... lets just say the kid with the 6.4s status on fb was " danville what?" (the night after my buddy got his truck back from danville performance)
Haha yeah they're a whole nother beast from the 6.4... Buddy test drove a '11 Lariat with a FACTORY upgraded 6.7, dynoed 735 and 1350. LOTS of power with decent MPGs, unlike the 6.4, which were like vaccums for fuel...

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Nice truck and it's my color! I'm hoping with the new body change GM "gets their **** together" with the DMax. Still hoping they put that 4.5L DMax in a 1/2 ton.....I can dream :)

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im still not a fan of any ford diesel...maybe because i have been to school for them, seen them fail over and over, and had to work on some....ya not a fan, but you get that with anything you know and work on really, i have also seen alot of the newer cummins as our dealer is also a real big dodge dealer

but honestly every make has their ups and downs

but thanks guys, im really happy with my almost done with purchase, stupid credit unions jerking me around with loan terms, finally got it figured out but it was to late to get the paper work done so tomorrow morning paper work should be finish up and by tomorrow afternoon i will be a new truck owner

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Congrats bro! That's what I need to save up for. And for dodge, the only reason they haven't gone belly up is because they put cummins in it. It's not even a dodge motor. That's why I hate dodge but like cummins motors. Also the dodge trans is garbage. But enough ranting lol. Congrats on a new toy