soon to be new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Ford 6.7L Powerstroke makes 800 lb-ft of torque... The new Chev 6.6L Duramax makes 765 lb-ft... It's really not that much of a difference, and there's been multiple tests, the exhaust brake system in the Chev is so far superior to the Ford, it's insane. If you're buying a diesel, it's for towing. Anything else and it's mostly just a waste of money.

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great looking truck bro congrats. The only thing I would ever consider getting rid of my gmt400 for is a chevy or dodge hd. As far as all the straight axle talk and power numbers its been proven that the 9.25" ifs diff in the gm hds are just as strong as the d60's in ford and dodge, so its really just a status quo, or bragging rights in the truck world. And the numbers on the new ford and gm diesels completely trump the current cummins, not to say the cummins is a bad engine its still a f-in beast and I love it, but theres a reason dodge had to move there ***** this year to get a 700+ tq cummins out sometime this spring/summer

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I had to buy a diesel for towing, its between GM and Dodge. Ford has had one too many catastrophic failures of a diesel engine for this guy. Unless I was getting a 7.3 IDI one, no way. Cummins is a great engine but I dont like the interiors on dodges, I like the interiors and transmissions on GMs.....but Im not that sold on the front end(steering and CVs) and looks of them.

Kansas_Burb

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with diesels, but I have two diesel mechanic friend's and they wish they had an Allison in their trucks. Well they wish Chevy's came with ******'s because that's the ONLY reason they have Dodges. And they'd rather ride a bike than drive a ford powerstroke. Haha

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice truck!!

i actually just settled for a powerchoke after years of bashing them lol. i guess im one of the few who would rather have a 6.0 over a 7.3.

i would rather have ifs in one than a straight axle tho for daily driving or pulling long distances. ride quality is so much better. sharper turning radius on ifs is nice when ya got a big trailer in a crowded area too. no big deal, but just somethin ive noticed after comparing

illinoisboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol AGAIN with this kid? Right on son, Im sure you have lots of experiance with new diesel pickups. Bottom line is they are all nice trucks. I drove all 3 set up simular with the exception the dodge was a 4 door because they dont offer an ext cab anymore. I guess if you want to internet compare them and add aftermarket mods or simply look at max HP/TQ that you can make, you might have a point.
He is not saying this to be smart, we have friends with a new dmax that had an edge on it and his tranny about went out, then there are a couple of people withe 5.9 cummins with simple programmers and exhaust that have put 4 trannys in it. The powerstokes hold up pretty well as far as their tansmissions, and they have like 6k of work in their trucks. So he isnt being smart, he is spreading the experiences with these trucks to help people not just say "oh the durmax and allison are the best since they are in the chevy."

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He is not saying this to be smart, we have friends with a new dmax that had an edge on it and his tranny about went out, then there are a couple of people withe 5.9 cummins with simple programmers and exhaust that have put 4 trannys in it. The powerstokes hold up pretty well as far as their tansmissions, and they have like 6k of work in their trucks. So he isnt being smart, he is spreading the experiences with these trucks to help people not just say "oh the durmax and allison are the best since they are in the chevy."

programmers with canned tunes are just begging for problems with any of the diesels. i wouldnt put one on my truck if it was free. every truck ive ever rode in with any of them shift horrible. the allison will usually hit its breaking point sooner when adding a lot of power. but stock or basic mods its fine

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks guys

so the mpg on the cluster is a lil off, took it on a trip this weekend, 2 hrs highway driving each way, dash said about 27 mpg but did the math and it averages out to about 22, so its a lil off but still 2x what i got in the other truck

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks guys

so the mpg on the cluster is a lil off, took it on a trip this weekend, 2 hrs highway driving each way, dash said about 27 mpg but did the math and it averages out to about 22, so its a lil off but still 2x what i got in the other truck

lol mine is off too. mine is tellin me 11.4 but im getting about 17