So, what else are we needing on gmt400.com?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Shaggy, so I just had a thought about something that would be useful to the site. how about a 'tools' section? we could have like tool reviews and suggestions, questions, write ups that are tool specific rather than truck specific (i.e. welding tips, etc.). just a thought.

also, I think its related to the search problems, but when I'm looking at someone's profile, and click on their 'show all threads' by a specific user, it just comes up with nothing. kindof a drag, sometimes I can remember who posted something, but not what the title of the thread was so I try to find it through that user.

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gotta say, I feel at home here. I go on the 88-98 portion of 67-72chevytrucks.com and I feel fairly at home, and FSC is way to large for me, here is just perfect! Great job on the forum, i'd like to possibly see a front page though with upcoming events etc that pertain to the c/k's and possibly new parts that become available for the trucks!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Google search box instead of the vb search? Might be a plug and play mod for you too by now Shag?

Yep, good idea.

Hey Shaggy, so I just had a thought about something that would be useful to the site. how about a 'tools' section? we could have like tool reviews and suggestions, questions, write ups that are tool specific rather than truck specific (i.e. welding tips, etc.). just a thought.

also, I think its related to the search problems, but when I'm looking at someone's profile, and click on their 'show all threads' by a specific user, it just comes up with nothing. kindof a drag, sometimes I can remember who posted something, but not what the title of the thread was so I try to find it through that user.

Review on types of tools you buy?

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
like review of different tool brands, experiences, and recommendations or ones to steer clear of....for example, I bought a skil 4" angle grinder a year or so ago, and it crapped out on me in the first 10 minutes cutting a simple 16g steel tube with a regular cut off wheel, took it back, got a dewalt 4" angle grinder, it has handled everything I can throw at it and then some.

alot of us are fabricators too, so we could share ways to build specialty tools that others could use. for example, I bought a stethoscope from harbor freight for $5, and with some minor alterations, I made something that would work perfect for finding exhaust leaks. (which I'll use once the weather and schedule clears up a bit)

Plus, if I am looking to purchase a tool that is more costly, I like to seek out the advice of people who have experience with them. like I'm looking at welders right now.

just a thought, since practically everything we do on here requires some kind of tool usage.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Not a bad idea. Would it be used?

Tiki

Reaction score
I think it looks good now, but I think there should be an updated Tech section (cough cough gmfs needs this too cough cough). Detailed write ups solve a lot of common problems.