Small lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 95 k1500 rclb. I want to lift it a little bit. Not more than 3 or 4 inches. I know the rear is simple. But I do have some questions for the front. I know I can juat crano the torsion bars (and I have a ton of thread left on the bolts) but I really dont like that idea. So, does anyone have a diff drop lift for that small of a lift amount? Also, I know that the drive line angles will be changed so do I need to change anything regarding drive shaft length.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Raptorrider

Reaction score
I have the rough country 4" lift on my truck. I actually had to decrank to get it to sit level. I did not have to change anything with drive line but you do have to reroute the exhaust and front brake lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My exhaust comes out in front of the rear tire so would I still need to reroute? And I assume that the brake lines just need to be made longer right? How much did that lift run you ?

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Is a 3 in body lift and a 1 in block and crank out of the question, cheapest and easiest... :shrug:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My exhaust comes out in front of the rear tire so would I still need to reroute? And I assume that the brake lines just need to be made longer right? How much did that lift run you ?

The exhaust for the dr side has to be rerouted around the front drive shaft. On the front brake lines the kit has you reroute the factory line. I opted for longer braided steel lines myself. The 4" rcx is about $970 from rcx but you can find them a little cheaper.

Any pics of your exhaust? I'm fixing to redo mine an exiting before the tire is something I'm considering.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I have the same lift, but cranked to 6" and I used my factory brake lines and carefully bent the hard lines like the instructions say, but I live down south with no rust problems so that's your call.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The exhaust for the dr side has to be rerouted around the front drive shaft. On the front brake lines the kit has you reroute the factory line. I opted for longer braided steel lines myself. The 4" rcx is about $970 from rcx but you can find them a little cheaper.

Any pics of your exhaust? I'm fixing to redo mine an exiting before the tire is something I'm considering.

That makes sense. Ill get you some pics today.

Raptorrider

Reaction score
I got my life from sdtrucksprings.com and paid $945 shipped to my door for the 6" lift. I only have it set at 4" for now though because I'm still on 265/75-16s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I appreciate all the info, but looking at pictures of 4 and 6 inch lifts (they look awesome) I have 30"tall tires and I dont really want to buy new ones. Its either I buy the lift or buy new tires. So basically I was looking to spend around 500-700 dollars on a lift. I can do it for basically free with blocks and crank the torsion bars but I wanted to avoid that. I guess no one makes a diff drop lift for like 3 inches. But a 4 inch lift isnt completely out yet as the ones mentioned look good just a tad expensive.

And for the body lift suggestion, I didnt think of that. Id have to look at pictures because I normally dont like the look of body lifts because thay show alot of frame. But its definitely not out of the question since it would be cheap and get the height I want.

Bluex, im going out to take some pics now so ill post them in here in a few minutes

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I appreciate all the info, but looking at pictures of 4 and 6 inch lifts (they look awesome) I have 30"tall tires and I dont really want to buy new ones. Its either I buy the lift or buy new tires. So basically I was looking to spend around 500-700 dollars on a lift. I can do it for basically free with blocks and crank the torsion bars but I wanted to avoid that. I guess no one makes a diff drop lift for like 3 inches. But a 4 inch lift isnt completely out yet as the ones mentioned look good just a tad expensive.

And for the body lift suggestion, I didnt think of that. Id have to look at pictures because I normally dont like the look of body lifts because thay show alot of frame. But its definitely not out of the question since it would be cheap and get the height I want.

Bluex, im going out to take some pics now so ill post them in here in a few minutes

Paint, undercoat or bedliner the frame and a body lift don't look bad at all. And then you would still have the coin towards bigger tires :shrug: