Slowburb's slow 'burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
It's been a while since I posted anything here. What have I done...

Trailer plug mounted to bumper in front of hitch receiver.
LED cube auxiliary reverse only lights
4 hi mod relay harness
New grill and new filler panel
New 4 way and side marker housings
Used sun visors with working lighted vanity mirrors
14 bolt 9.5" 6 lug with Eaton Detroit TrueTrac
Hotchkiss adjustable rear antisway bar
Odyssey battery

Last edited:

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
The rear end has been sagging more and more, so I finally made a plan to bring it back up to the proper ride height. It turns out the leaf packs flattened so much that the rear was sagging 2 inches. I had both leaf packs re-arched by a very reputable spring shop. They were arched with about 1/2 to 3/4 inch of additional lift. There is a little rake in the stance, because I had the front end leveled to the back the last time I had an alignment. I'm not a big fan of the squatted look. To me, a purpose built/jump-worthy truck can run a squatted stance, but it's a result of the suspension and chassis work function, not installing half a lift kit for aesthetics. So, next (soon) will be crank the front back up to level with the rear, and mount some 35's. I'm not sure which tires yet. I haven't ran a set of dedicated mud grips before, so I'm thinking I'll put some on it. I definitely need excellent wet traction on the street, and I know that's not the strong suit of any mud grip, so I may wind up with a hybrid like the Duratracs (which were GREAT tires by the way). But I also really like white letter tires, so I'm only going to be picking from a small selection of meats.

Anyways, along with the leaf spring work, I put on a new set of Bilstein 5100's. Mine were toast. The truck nose dived every time I touched the brake pedal, and lurched every time I goosed the throttle. It's nice and tight again.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Did you get the 4-6" shocks? I haven't had much luck finding the 0-2" versions.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
a I haven't ran a set of dedicated mud grips before, so I'm thinking I'll put some on it. I definitely need excellent wet traction on the street, and I know that's not the strong suit of any mud grip, so I may wind up with a hybrid like the Duratracs (which were GREAT tires by the way). But I also really like white letter tires, so I'm only going to be picking from a small selection of meats.

Anyways, along with the leaf spring work, I put on a new set of Bilstein 5100's. Mine were toast. The truck nose dived every time I touched the brake pedal, and lurched every time I goosed the throttle. It's nice and tight again.
I submit a couple of my pics for your consideration :)
You must be registered for see images attach

Great in mud and snow.OK in rain,Loud though.

un4givn85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

These may be good in snow, but ice is another story all together. Just FYI.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Did you get the 4-6" shocks? I haven't had much luck finding the 0-2" versions.

Yes, they're the Bilsteins for 4-6" lift, as I'm running an RCX 4" diff drop kit.

I understand the siping to be what makes for optimal wet traction. I hope to waste some time at work today reviewing images of mud tires to see if there's anything that catches my eye. I really like the looks of those BFG's but I live in the sub-tropics, and for a good part of the year, it rains every day. I need this rig to be as sure footed as possible so I can have some semblance of agility to avoid all the idiots on the road.

Holy **** that's a nice rig

Yes, yes it is.

wow........first i've seen this thread. i dig the progression and upgrades.
i'll come visit later.. gotta go to work

Thanks shovel. To give you an idea of where I started...

Back in 2010...

A little while later..

After the lift...