Slowburb's slow 'burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Here's a shoddy pic taken in the parking lot at work that shows the tow mirrors and new meats...

You must be registered for see images attach

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
I need to do my brakes all around, too.
Tell me more about those detent roller pins?

I love having good speakers in all corners of the burb - along with my sub, headunit, and speakers... when I open my doors at a campsite, it's like a concert for everyone lol.

Last edited:

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Mine needed to be changed because they were starting to fall out. The driver's door was so loose that for a while, I had to tap it up into place every few days so the detent arm (probably not the proper name for this part) would stay in the roller pin roller. I couldn't change the detent roller pins myself. A buddy and I took them out, but we could not get the new ones in. I had them done at my buddy's shop.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Went picking this morning. Everything was wet, but it's still like therapeutic or something for me. I was generally too late for the big items I wanted. There were probably 20 vehicles I could have pulled different things from, pickups, tahoes, yukons, etc. Ive learned with picking interior parts, some things vary in design or fitment from year to year, some are the same across the board. I was looking for a grille and the piece that goes in between the grille and bumper. Preferably green. There were 5 green trucks, all either were hit in the front or pieces already gone. Same with the other gmt400's. Bummer. Oh well.

I got 2 sockets/pigtails to light up the upper corner markers. A cigarette lighter, the piece that heats up. A tan visor clip, but no visors, all either shot or gone. Jack compartment lid locking mechanism. New looking dome light lens. Two latches for back of 2nd row bench that hold up the folding floor boards. A different door chime.

I noticed a different cooling fan on the later model vortec trucks. A plastic clutch fan with probably 11-15 blades. I'll bet it helps keep the ac cooler and makes less noise than the 5 blade. I'll have to look in to that.

I put some of the pieces on my rig already...
You must be registered for see images attach

Good stuff.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
The way you made this Suburban is what my end goal is, what kind of mileage do you get with the engine being built the way it is?

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
The way you made this Suburban is what my end goal is, what kind of mileage do you get with the engine being built the way it is?

Do you count mileage when you drive a lifted 4x4 that weighs close to 6000#? I got 15 on the highway once, going about 60. I got 9 on the same trip at 80-90 mph straight gettin' in the mountains of VA and PA.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Do you count mileage when you drive a lifted 4x4 that weighs close to 6000#? I got 15 on the highway once, going about 60. I got 9 on the same trip at 80-90 mph straight gettin' in the mountains of VA and PA.

That's not as terrible as I thought it would be, I get about 16 around town, and about 20 on highway, and that's on 265/75r16s and 3.73s.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 11 blade fan is noticeably quieter than the 5 blade. Can't tell you the difference in cooling and airflow, but I would think that it would do better, as you say. The AD244 upgrade is a good one for more power at idle. My voltage dipped noticeably with all lights and AC running with the stocker. No such problem with the 244.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
The engine is completely apart right now. Whatever the circumstances it is what it is.

I'm keeping the marine/ramjet cam but adding full roller 1.6:1 narrow body rocker arms. I'm keeping the heads but doing some work on the ports. Same with the intake. Sounds like a ramjet crate recipe but running MPFI. Also adding a pair of shorty headers and bigger headpipes with better cats. The 145A alternator I bought a while back is going on also an 11 blade S10 fan I picked up Once it's running I'll have it tuned. Jimmy C will be back hopefully.in the next week's time.