Slowburb's slow 'burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i love transformations..........

hey....is that 395 cam the one they use in the RamJet motors? seems like a nice upgrade for these motors, would probably respond to a little compression bump and be all you need it to be.........did the difference in the LSA make much of a difference in the lope of the idle?

the 4.56's and 33's should liven up anything either way, LOL....especially on a city/street truck

i like your rig.......and i know you like your lights now too,,,,,,,:rolleyes:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I did the ramjet cam with 1.6s at the same time. I either have a mechanical issue or intermittent electrical issue that I've yet to track down. When it's not missing at an idle it idles as smooth as stock. No lope, but the idle sounds really meaty if that makes sense. More power everywhere. Instead of compression, you could add boost.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I did the ramjet cam with 1.6s at the same time. I either have a mechanical issue or intermittent electrical issue that I've yet to track down. When it's not missing at an idle it idles as smooth as stock. No lope, but the idle sounds really meaty if that makes sense. More power everywhere. Instead of compression, you could add boost.

seems like there'd be more under the curve everywhere......i didn't think the 3* would make much difference in idle.....can't find the other #'s to get those LSA's........probably similar, just tighter

i understand the "meaty" difference.......the rockers play on the duration a tad....but it's just a more robust cam..........how did you tune for the cam?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Initially I didn't tune fuel as I suspected I had a bad spider, but I did add more timing down low (1500 range). Stock cam may have tolerated that too though. After the marine intake I did tune the VE and MAF. Stock is a 111 LSA and 395 is a 109 LSA, both sit on a 106 ICL. LTFTs were within a couple percent of zero as well, so I didn't really sweat the fuel part for a while.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
i love transformations..........

hey....is that 395 cam the one they use in the RamJet motors? seems like a nice upgrade for these motors, would probably respond to a little compression bump and be all you need it to be.........did the difference in the LSA make much of a difference in the lope of the idle?

the 4.56's and 33's should liven up anything either way, LOL....especially on a city/street truck

i like your rig.......and i know you like your lights now too,,,,,,,:rolleyes:

Thanks. Yes it's the ramjet cam, the ht383 cam and the marine 350 cam. No lope at idle. Just a harder thump. The duration is so short that there isn't enough time to lope if you know what I mean. Compression is up a hair from stock with a shorter quench.

It's a lot of gear. I turn 2800 rpm at 80.

seems like there'd be more under the curve everywhere......i didn't think the 3* would make much difference in idle.....can't find the other #'s to get those LSA's........probably similar, just tighter

i understand the "meaty" difference.......the rockers play on the duration a tad....but it's just a more robust cam..........how did you tune for the cam?

I have bumped the timing up and got rid of the PE delay. That's it so far.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Did you globally bump timing or reshape the map? These trucks will take an assload more timing down low and a good amount everywhere else.