Slow Crank Seems to have Mechanic Puzzled Too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you ever figure anything out here? I'm beginning to think I may have a bad alt wire or grounding wire in mine but wanted to see if you found anything.

Rogue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you ever figure anything out here? I'm beginning to think I may have a bad alt wire or grounding wire in mine but wanted to see if you found anything.

Sorry for the late response, I haven't checked this thread in a while. The new battery and grounding cable seemed to help it be less....slow for a while, but it's doing it again. I'm beginning to wonder if my reman alternator from a year and a half ago is defective and killing my battery slowly. The temps on the exhaust pipe before and after the cat checked out, so excessive heat from it isn't the issue.

I'll try to post back once I get my battery tested again from the mechanic...and see if it's bad again. If it is, I'm getting a new alternator and new batter and seeing if that solves the issue.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response, I haven't checked this thread in a while. The new battery and grounding cable seemed to help it be less....slow for a while, but it's doing it again. I'm beginning to wonder if my reman alternator from a year and a half ago is defective and killing my battery slowly. The temps on the exhaust pipe before and after the cat checked out, so excessive heat from it isn't the issue.

I'll try to post back once I get my battery tested again from the mechanic...and see if it's bad again. If it is, I'm getting a new alternator and new batter and seeing if that solves the issue.

I would start looking for a draw on the system, but certainly this can be diagnosed with a multi-meter.