Skee's 97 K1500 Stepside build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
The plan was to SAS it when I got home from deployment but I had to drop 90% of my money I made over there to pay back college. And I have a wedding to pay for, so I am trying to make the IFS last as long as I can til after the wedding and then stuff some 1 Tons under it.

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
The plan was to SAS it when I got home from deployment but I had to drop 90% of my money I made over there to pay back college. And I have a wedding to pay for, so I am trying to make the IFS last as long as I can til after the wedding and then stuff some 1 Tons under it.

ah, well that sucks. but congrats. by the look of it, your ifs will last a while. mines rusted to complete **** so i hope itll last me until next summer so i can start workin full time then gather parts for an SAS and buy this kit. http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/88-98SolidAxleConversion.htm

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
It was a sad, sad day.

You must be registered for see images attach

Then the shop said they wanted $900 for manifold back KEEPING my cats, and cheap glasspacks... Needless to say I left there real quick.

But I was in the mood to wrench so I headed to the Hobby shop after work and got her up on a lift so I could get a good look at everything. Its a PITA to get this on a lift with them trac bars. I have no frame left to set the arms under!

But here are just a few undercarriage shots. I have to do something quick with that exhaust blowing on my shock.

Popped open the front diff while I had it cleaned up. There should be quite a bit more fluid in there, right? lol And I have verified now that there are 4.10s in the front.

PRobably the cleanest part under my truck, and it is broken again. Stupid GM, with your damn TLAs.

Its about that time again... :suicide: I'm not going to be dumping anymore money into this IFS. I will run it til I cant anymore and then stuff a Dana in it.

Then I decided to clean up under it and get some of the rattle cans out of my tool box (I am getting it professionally recoated before this winter. This was just to clean it up some. ) These were all in progress shots so I put a few more coats over this.

Johnbales

Reaction score
I also liked the red led congrats on the engagement I also live in alaska I drive a red exstended can stepside I live in wasilla, I like your truck and 3500 for a 97 that runs is a steal.