Sierra's Crew Cab Project!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
I don't have much of an update but I finally got the cab cut up and onto a trailer to take to the scrap yard. Even with a reciprocating saw, it is a tough job cutting up a cab. There also may be a change in plans again. I may be picking up a 96 2500 crew cab short bed. If that deal doesn't work out I am going to stick with the ext. cab. Anywho, here is a pic of the chopped up cab.
You must be registered for see images attach

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Crew cabs are sexy, I gotta have at least an extended cab for the storage, It would be sweet to have a crew cab and bag it too...

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
I know. I want a crew cab bad and if i got one it would be bagged. But It looks like I probably will not get one. My wife wants a SUV with 3rd row. She is looking at a Ford Expedition. (insert puking sounds, lots of puking sounds)

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Fails Often, Regularly Disastrous...

NBS Tahoes are the ****, It turns better than an RCSB...

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
wish I had a plasma but I don't even have an air compressor to run one of those. I can't afford a NBS tahoe at the moment. I may talk the wife into getting an OBS suburban. We are actually looking at both the expedition and the suburban.

But now that the cab is gone I can start cleaning up the frame and paint it. I may still look into a crew cab later on. I can't make up my mind what I want to do with it. Pics will keep coming as I progress along. It will be a slow process.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Yeah I kow what you mean, NBS' are sitting in the 10k-15k area still...

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
No, I haven't made any progress on the bagged truck. I have been gathering parts to rebuild my engine. I have everything for the build except rebuilding the short block. I'm still up in the air on what cam to get. Plus I don't know of any good machine shops in my area. Draggin95 is suppose to be getting me a number to a good builder up near heber srpings.

I ended up getting a 95 Chevy Suburban for pretty cheap that needed lots of cleaning. It didn't run quite right when I got it and that turned out to be a clogged fuel filter. So that has been my project for awhile now.

I'm still really undecided about doing a crew cab conversion. I have everything to go back to an ext. cab but the more I look at Draggin95's two crew cabs and driving the Sub I just really want a crew cab. Always wanted one anyway.

I will update with more pics as soon as I get out there and do something on it.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
here is you some inspiration to do a crew cab lol...these two are from blood drag this past weekend