Cab swap or powertrain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jksconny

Reaction score
I have two trucks both 4wd ones an 88 1/2 ton ext cab 100% rust free. The other a 91 3/4 ton ext cab 90% rust free. Boxes of both trucks are clean and have been taken off already. Both trucks have the exact same color scheme. The 88 as I mentioned is a 1/2 ton that has a nv3500 scabbed in but works good originally was an auto the clutch perch is not bolted down correctly cause firewall dosent have studs for it and the front end needs complete rebuild transfer included I have a good one I can use out of a donner truck. The motor also runs good. The 91 wich is the 3/4 has rotten cab corners and passenger side cab has wrinkles and dents other then that it’s a solid cab. The drive train is in very good shape with a beefed up rebuilt 700r4. The frame on this truck has been greased and gets undercoated with bar and chain STP and Wd40 every fall. The motor has a gremlin I cannot figure out. So what would be the best way to go( cab swap or power train) I want a clean solid 3/4 ton truck till death we do part at the end of the day. I’m looking forward to the wisdom.