SHOWFEST 2012 ... Tunica, MS ... May 19-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This will be my next Audio competition event (for USACI) ... Please come out and give me some support !!!

You must be registered for see images

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
depends. some are whos loudest decible wise, some are for sound quality (like randals truck is set up for), and I'm sure there are others.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
idk exactly. randal was explaining some of it to me. they want the speakers to be set up so that it sounds like the voice is coming from one central speaker, but its coming from all of them. when you get in your truck, turn the radio up a good bit, close your eyes, and see if you can't tell where the speakers are in the truck. thats what you dont want. basically, they want it to sound like you're surrounded by a surround sound system. also, just enough bass, but not over done.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So how do they judge a sound competition? Who's is loudest?
Basically 2 main categories ... Sound Quality and Sound Pressure Level
More breakdown of classes follow into these categories ... depending on vehicle installation and modification ...

idk exactly. randal was explaining some of it to me. they want the speakers to be set up so that it sounds like the voice is coming from one central speaker, but its coming from all of them. when you get in your truck, turn the radio up a good bit, close your eyes, and see if you can't tell where the speakers are in the truck. thats what you dont want. basically, they want it to sound like you're surrounded by a surround sound system. also, just enough bass, but not over done.
Very Well Said Sir !!! Sound Quality is all abour true reproduction of music as it was meant to sound from the recording of the music ...
well balance of dynamics, power, and clarity is a must ... Your vehicle must be very tight for NO rattles during judging (not easy to accomplish with these trucks) ...
Mainly it all about Stageing and Imageing .... I made a thread on this, I think the link is on my signature ...