Should I buy this lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Like i said last night....Just say no...you are looking at possibly tweeked parts, Plus its best if you do a full steering system rebuild while you are in there (Tie rod ends, ball joints, idler arm etc) so if you are in there doing that you might as well start with a brand new kit that you know has not been tweeked. Plus the thing no one has really commented on is metal does have stress limits....sure it might be slightly tweeked and able to be straightened out when its bolted to your truck....but the part is weakened from bending back and forth....especially the TB crossmember drop mounts. Do you really want to risk the thing snapping apart later under normal flex conditions when the frame of your truck starts twisting slightly as the suspension hits its limit? Do you know if there are any hairline cracks in the metal parts from the accident?...its things like this you gotta consider with used parts...kinda hard for the guy to refund you money if the entire lift blows apart on the highway and kills ya ya know?

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
Like i said last night....Just say no...you are looking at possibly tweeked parts, Plus its best if you do a full steering system rebuild while you are in there (Tie rod ends, ball joints, idler arm etc) so if you are in there doing that you might as well start with a brand new kit that you know has not been tweeked. Plus the thing no one has really commented on is metal does have stress limits....sure it might be slightly tweeked and able to be straightened out when its bolted to your truck....but the part is weakened from bending back and forth....especially the TB crossmember drop mounts. Do you really want to risk the thing snapping apart later under normal flex conditions when the frame of your truck starts twisting slightly as the suspension hits its limit? Do you know if there are any hairline cracks in the metal parts from the accident?...its things like this you gotta consider with used parts...kinda hard for the guy to refund you money if the entire lift blows apart on the highway and kills ya ya know?

yea, all good points. i just said no cause of axle bein thrown back