Should I be intimidated by a suspension lift for my '92?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado_lover

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cause "most" of it is bolt on..that's what I'm guessing scares people?

I mean most suspension mods. The other suspension mods I had in mind requiring more than bolting stuff on were bagged/bodied trucks.

Yeah a C-notch requires the use of a cutting torch, plasma cutter, or cut off wheel but if you can't operate a cut off wheel you shouldn't be working on your own stuff. If you don't know how to cut metal with a torch or put it back together with welding you should learn how to do it.

The other day I had to fab up some spacers in order to put my engine on the stand since the bolt size that I needed isn't made, a 80mm was too short and a 100mm was too long.

Charby

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did my rcx a few months ago only problem i had was geting the tortion bars out, i never ended up getting them i took them out with the crossmember and lower controle arms still attached, another thing they dont tell you is you have to cut your y pipe and lower it 2" for the front drive shaft to clear , i just cut it bent it down and sliped the next size pipe over it and welded it solid, either than that me and a buddie did it in a weekend in my driveway,

For tortion bar unloading tool i use a big c clamp with the thingy removed ( i cant think of what to call it)

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
my old die grinder broke, i need to buy a new one to install my lift...gunna go down to my local harbor freight, will this get the job done you think? http://www.harborfreight.com/electric-die-grinder-with-long-shaft-44141.html

also where is the cheapest place to get the torsion bar unloading tool?

Personally I don't like much of anything that's electric. I'd get something that's pneumatic if you've got a decent compressor. As far as the torsion bar tool I'd say the cheapest you're going to find is OTC on Amazon. I made one that's much better than those that they charge $100 for, but I sold it to someone.