Shock questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys

My '94's shocks are definitely worn out. I'm thinking about what to replace them with.

The truck doesn't see off-road. I like a stiff, sporty shock. I'm tired of the rolly-pollyness of my truck.

Any ideas?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I replaced the shocks on my Suburban pretty recently, went with Bilstein HDs. They're noticeably stiffer than the factory shocks but not to the point of being uncomfortable. I like them a lot and honestly probably won't ever buy anything else. Check eshocks.com for prices, I guarantee you they'll be almost half the price you can get them for on Summit or anywhere else big really. I used them and had no problems, excellent people to deal with.

EDIT - Here's a link to the ones you'd need.

http://eshocks.com/bil_Ind.asp?VC=3Q82&SubChar=Q

Also just realized that your truck is the Z71, I think it came with these from the factory. Not sure what you're looking for and how worn out your current shocks are, but like I said I'm happy with them and I tend to like a stiffer ride too.

Last edited:

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to paint those if I get them lol, those are YELLOW

And I'm mostly looking for something that'll stiffen the ride. I haven't lowered the truck, its stock height, but the torsion bars are decranked all the way. (And will probably be staying that way)

I was looking into Fox 2.0s, but they're pricey and I'm not sure they even make them for our trucks.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My trucks are both stock ride height too. I personally like the obnoxious yellow and blue on the Bilsteins, lets people know I bought the good stuff! But in all seriousness you really don't see them at all. They tuck behind the front covers in the wheel wells no problem and you can only really see one of them dangling down over the rear end. I've never heard of/known anyone using those Fox shocks, but then I'm not huge into aftermarket suspension stuff either. In most of the setups I've read about where people used high dollar remote reservoir shocks like those they were using QA1s.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fox 2.0s are just a stock replacement shock. Like the Bilstein HDs. The rezzy version is way pricier.

I don't think they make them for our trucks now that I've looked into it.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats what I want, stiff with good handling

I'm looking for a good street shock.

What kinds of things help these trucks hug the road a bit better?

Last edited: