SFA swap transmission and t-case question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dunnroadmafia

Reaction score
Well this spring im about to start a sas on my 93. I got a carbed 350 from a 69 chevelle, and a 10 bolt front from a 84 k10(both are free). Ive read and researched and know how to make the carb work with the 4l60e. Now my question is will a np208 bolt up to my 4l60e. Now i know it doesnt have a VSS but that doesnt concern me as i could put a mechanical speedo in the truck. Basically does the transmission need the VSS to work correctly or can i run a mechanical speedo and a 208 with a 4l60e?

Thanks
Quinn

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that the transmission needs vss to shift properly. I think it is something like a 40 pulse signal or else the trans will not shift.

dunnroadmafia

Reaction score
Ok i was wondering how it worked, i did research on fsc and google and couldnt seem to find an answer. I guess ill try to find a np241 from a 90-91 burban or possibly vss a 208 or 205. Hell maybe even throw in a th400 or possibly flip the 10bolt like 98silverz71 did. Thanks for the quick reply though

dunnroadmafia

Reaction score
Id like to leave to tranny alone and find a np241 from a burb, but i was just wondering if it was possible for the tranny to work with out the VSS.