Seems odd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
My truck had the trans done about 218k, then the P.O curbed it, had some other issues , leaking oil everywhere. he was done messing with it and gave it to me. gasket set,a used rear axle shaft, brake backing plate, shoes and drums and been rollin' since.

Good for you, you'll come out of that with some certifications. Got a kid at my buddies shop that went to tech school for welding, in the bodyshop welding crash jobs together. Many different avenues you can pursue with that.

head down, pay attention, no goofing' off. lol Gets your monies worth by learning all you can
Yea. Going to get a certification in that before I move to Kentucky for a CAT in field service technician apprenticeship. For 2 yrs. Then I'll be a full time mechanic.

JS45

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
he traided it in such a shame if you ask me

Oh dang yea no way I would have traded it. He should have fixed everything that was broke.

He probably figured that gmt900 would be as good a truck which I am sure he has learned is far from true.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd be surpised if a 60e got even half of that.

Way back when I was shopping for my truck most of the ads that listed rebuilt transmissions started around 160k-180k miles. I forget the exact mileage when mine went but it was within that range too. Anything over 150k is on borrowed time, especially if its a 4x4 with larger than stock tires.
I'm the second owner of a 2000 burb with the original 4L60E. I have all of the receipts. I'm pushing 340k and I've seriously worked it hard. Many loads 15,000 pounds combined weight. I don't know how it lives other than the fact that it was serviced every 40k and I change the fluid yearly which is anywhere from 5-15k.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
I'm the second owner of a 2000 burb with the original 4L60E. I have all of the receipts. I'm pushing 340k and I've seriously worked it hard. Many loads 15,000 pounds combined weight. I don't know how it lives other than the fact that it was serviced every 40k and I change the fluid yearly which is anywhere from 5-15k.
They'll last if you take care of it.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score

Fiancée has a 2002 Tahoe which sports its original 4L60E, it's closing in on 275k miles. It shifts like new. Fluid & filter changes every 30k.