Seems odd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I forget but there's a video explaining that truck. And it has had 3 motors and 5 tyranny. I know for a darn fact a 60e aimt making past 400k. So no wonder the body has so many miles.

I'd be surpised if a 60e got even half of that.

Way back when I was shopping for my truck most of the ads that listed rebuilt transmissions started around 160k-180k miles. I forget the exact mileage when mine went but it was within that range too. Anything over 150k is on borrowed time, especially if its a 4x4 with larger than stock tires.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
The bigger problem is they thought they were doing a proper job of it. Straight from Hack&Wack Autobody. Bird turd welding for sure.
They even primered it lmao. Thats terrible I've never welded b4 but I think I could probably do better.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
I'd be surpised if a 60e got even half of that.

Way back when I was shopping for my truck most of the ads that listed rebuilt transmissions started around 160k-180k miles. I forget the exact mileage when mine went but it was within that range too. Anything over 150k is on borrowed time, especially if its a 4x4 with larger than stock tires.
Imm pretend I didn't hear that lmao. I'm rolling at 196,000.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck had the trans done about 218k, then the P.O curbed it, had some other issues , leaking oil everywhere. he was done messing with it and gave it to me. gasket set,a used rear axle shaft, brake backing plate, shoes and drums and been rollin' since.
I'm going to my local community college to do a 18week welding class next year. I'm so excited.
Good for you, you'll come out of that with some certifications. Got a kid at my buddies shop that went to tech school for welding, in the bodyshop welding crash jobs together. Many different avenues you can pursue with that.

head down, pay attention, no goofing' off. lol Gets your monies worth by learning all you can

Last edited:

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going to my local community college to do a 18week welding class next year. I'm so excited.

That's how I learned to weld too. Make the most of it, you'll never have free materials again! It's all about time spent burning rods. Book knowledge is important too but you just have to put in the time practicing, learning how to make the pool do what you want and getting yourself consistent and accurate.