SCOTTYINWV's 1989 Scottsdale 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I'm lucky enough to have a motor with a non servicable pulse board, so I need a whole new motor. Updating to the servicable one. I'll try tapping it in the mean time. Thanks for the heads up. Never thought of that.

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
Broke down 4 times times Thursday. Each time, I was not getting fuel until I beat on the tank and then she would run.

Train of thought leads to failing fuel pump. New pump and strainer... NOTHING! No injector pulse...

At this point I'm pissed. It just has to be the damn fuel pump if beating in the tank got it to run right? WRONG!

Checked spark, no fire... FML!

Tbi 350s are common for ignition control module failure, that's gotta be it right since the coil and distributor are new (along with the icm). Turn key, still no fire! G0DD@MN!

Finally as a last ditch effort to get my truck off of the lift and free up a bay for Saturdays working mechanic to come in, I try the coil... Running like a top!

Thankfully with my discount, the **** reaming isn't going to be too bad on parts cost... That and my boss letting me charge the parts until payday.

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
New wiper motor with servicable pulse board, egr deleted after work and a surprise free allignment while I was out on delivery today. Also don't think I posted pics here with the new free tires. Mounted and balanced after work by myself for free with new free valve stems :rockit:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Kelly Safari tsr 285s!

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Those tires look great

Ah I miss working at a shop where I can do that stuff. I worked at a truck accessory shop for a few years, I'd just clock out and put my truck on the lift, align it, put tires on. Now I gotta pay for that shi!t.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Those tires look great

Ah I miss working at a shop where I can do that stuff. I worked at a truck accessory shop for a few years, I'd just clock out and put my truck on the lift, align it, put tires on. Now I gotta pay for that shi!t.
Man, that must have been awesome.