SCOTTYINWV's 1989 Scottsdale 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
1989 Step side Chevy Scottsdale. 350/.030 over RV cam. Flowmaster 44's true duals 2 3/4 pipes, no catalytic converters. Stock maifolds. Torsion bar crank and 2 inch blocks. 245/75r16 Cooper Discover S/T's. 4 speed w/od. 246k body, 50k rebuilt engine, 8k new clutch and transmission.

Need to fix:
Cracked passenger side exhaust manifold
Rear signals, brake lights, park lights and reverse lights. One of the previous owners "tried" to install trailer lights...
U joints front and rear, front drive shaft was left out when the new transmission was installed. He lost 2 bearing caps.
Wipers will not turn off with switch, either have to switch to "off" and let them go off a few minutes later or turn the ignition off. Any suggestions?
3 speakers

Plans:
Undo cranked TB's and replace with lift keys, possible replace blocks with add-a-leafs
Long tube headers,maybe shorties? (Don't know yet, shorties would be easier...)
Neoprene cammo bench seat cover (Wade fishing from hole to hole without worrying about wet seats :) )
Confederate flag headliner
Flap wheel the entire undercarriage, complete undercoating
grind out rocker and cab corner rust, complete Rhino or Herculiner top to bottom
Fluorescent Orange body accents along with TB's, axles and other suspension components
"Bone collector" airbrushed rear diff cover
265's on 16x8's with 4.5in or so backspace
Looking to add an "aux" port to the factory Delco head unit and add a 5 channel amp for the speakers and a shallow 10 in sub. I think the Delco is "neat" and want to keep it, CD's are becoming obsolete anyways.

As far as it goes, my plans will change as much as I change my undies :hmm:

Any suggestions, just throw them my way!
You must be registered for see images attach

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
Replacing the cranked keys with new keys wont do anything. it might give aother 0.2 inches of lift, but other than that its useless.

other than that, sick truck man! i wish mine was that far along.

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
Replacing the cranked keys with new keys wont do anything. it might give aother 0.2 inches of lift, but other than that its useless.

other than that, sick truck man! i wish mine was that far along.

Welcome! As stated above, lift keys won't do anything different than stock keys.

Thanks! and I was unaware of this, good to know though. I thought they would add lift without having to crank them so tight.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I think you need a new wiper board. At least, that's what I'm thinking.

Go to www.rockauto.com

Select your make, model, year, and engine.

Then go to the "Electrical" section. Under that should be "Wiper Motor Pulse Board Module".

At least, that's my guess what the problem is. Can't really think of what else it would be.

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
I think you need a new wiper board. At least, that's what I'm thinking.

Go to www.rockauto.com

Select your make, model, year, and engine.

Then go to the "Electrical" section. Under that should be "Wiper Motor Pulse Board Module".

At least, that's my guess what the problem is. Can't really think of what else it would be.

Thanks I'll have to check that out.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Like said above, lift keys are a waste of money and the wiper pulse board....