SCOTTYINWV's 1989 Scottsdale 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
7" tips are for diesels, i wouldnt run bigger than 3.5" tips on a gas truck personally, also if you still have the different speeds on your wipers it could also be the wiper switch, pulse board is only $20 so cheaper fix but i changed mine out to find out it didnt fix anything, i just keep the wiper motor unplugged, also why such small tires? With crank and 2" block you could run 33s instead of 245s

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I think he has 265's. His first post says 265/ but his sig says 245/

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I think he has 265's. His first post says 265/ but his sig says 245/

265s are in his plans, but even those would look kinda small with crank block, 285s fill out the wheel opening nicely with just crank

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I know they are diesel tips lol. I'm that obnoxious kid :p I'll probably go with 5s

There is only full speed and off on the wipers. It works on every setting, just with no delay.

I've only had the truck a month or so and the tires are brand new, I ran into my friend that works at a tire shop a few days after I bought it and he said "That looks awfully familiar, I just put them tires on it 2 weeks ago."

It will eventually have 32s or 33s I may wind up dropping it down a inch until I can afford an actual lift. Shooting for 4 inch with 33-35s nothing too high to maintain drivability, curvy roads here in WV. I love the height its at now, but I don't like cranked tbs. I'll have to think it out a lot though. I want to have a good match with lift, tires and gears. Body lift is out of the question though.

And there will be pics and a video of the exhaust :p

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
They still have maybe 3/4 inch from fully cranked now. I don't know how muck more lift that would be (I ain't gonna find out lol). Thinking I need new shocks, I'd probably be able to live with the cranked bars with some new ones. I don't have to jump to get in it where its at now, so thats good. I have a problem with ripping the crotch in my jeans lol. I honestly do not want a ton of lift. This is my DD. I will eventually have a pre 89 toyota with a SAS to wheel in. That will get the big lift with a ton of gear and tire. Huge lifted full size trucks can't fit on the trails I ride.

EDIT: And yeah they are brand new lol, can't waste them.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
They still have maybe 3/4 inch from fully cranked now. I don't know how muck more lift that would be (I ain't gonna find out lol). Thinking I need new shocks, I'd probably be able to live with the cranked bars with some new ones. I don't have to jump to get in it where its at now, so thats good. I have a problem with ripping the crotch in my jeans lol. I honestly do not want a ton of lift. This is my DD. I will eventually have a pre 89 toyota with a SAS to wheel in. That will get the big lift with a ton of gear and tire. Huge lifted full size trucks can't fit on the trails I ride.

side steps would help a lot lol. But I see your point. That's why I did the 2" in the forst place. DD reasons...

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
If I go higher, side steps will be a must, for my fiance. I'm 6'2", shes like 5'3.5" lol It's no issue for me.