Schimpfy's '97 Suburban and '99 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since I've started posting a bit more on this forum I figured I'd throw some pictures up of my rides. Well, one's mine and the other is my wife's.

First mine...

This is the day I brought it home back in 2004:
You must be registered for see images attach

Since then, I've removed the Z71 decals (they were pretty torn up by some hail), the side trim, bug shield and flares. I also got new shoes in 2009 in the form of BFG M/T KM2s along with new (crappy) headlights, a K&N intake and a Flowmaster 40 with turndown before the rear axle. This is what she looks like now, minus the wheel center caps because they all broke :( :

Then there's the wife's Suburban. We bought it in 2012 from a shady dealer, but the deal seemed to good to pass up with cash in hand. Anyway, long story short, a bad u-joint caused enough vibration through the transfer case to the transmission to crack the tranny case. The thing sat on jack stands for over 10 months until I could afford to get the situation worked out. Finally got it running in June of 2013 and haven't had any mechanical issues since. :) Here's a pic of the day after the cracked case incident:

My goals very soon are to lift my truck ala 6" RCX and throw some 15s on it with 35X12.5 BFG M/T KM2s. I got over 60K out of the first set so I'm getting another one. Also looking at new Magnaflow high flow cats, steering gear and steering pump and maybe an S-10 torque converter since I've gotta replace the front and rear main seals along with a tranny flush (possible rebuild as well).

jtlichty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got any big exterior changes planned for the Burb? I fee like that thing could be pretty sweet lookin! I like the color combo. Sharp truck too, man!

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The ugly running boards have already been removed thanks to a blowout destroying the right one, but my wife is pretty happy with her tank as is. I'm sure there'll be some changes later on though since change can be good. Got any suggestions? :)

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! She's definitely a labor of love. What sucks is that over the last couple of years I've been dumping all of my truck maintenance budget and time into the Suburban to make it a dependable family vehicle. Eh, the safety of my wife and kids is more important anyway. Now that the 'Burb is up and running like a champ I'm way excited about the $4K I'm about to dump into my truck.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Thanks! She's definitely a labor of love. What sucks is that over the last couple of years I've been dumping all of my truck maintenance budget and time into the Suburban to make it a dependable family vehicle. Eh, the safety of my wife and kids is more important anyway. Now that the 'Burb is up and running like a champ I'm way excited about the $4K I'm about to dump into my truck.

Nice!! Cant wait to see pics!

jtlichty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The ugly running boards have already been removed thanks to a blowout destroying the right one, but my wife is pretty happy with her tank as is. I'm sure there'll be some changes later on though since change can be good. Got any suggestions? :)

Haha. That would have been my first suggestion. I've never liked the running boards on those things. I think a set of rims and tires would be sweet on that thing tho!

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's got a brand new set of BFG ATs right now. Wheels could be in the future though.