Say hello to dr. Pepper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
So nice, and I love the shortened banner. You definitely never see that on step sides.

After a few months, how are the police/limited brake upgrade parts doing? I ordered the same stuff for mine, but they haven't come in yet.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Man that is a beautiful truck! Love that dr pepper red! I also like the parts you're making with the 3D printer. The taillights on the truck, are those the eagle eyes ones? I have those on my Burb and like how they stay shiny and haven't faded. My truck has to sleep outside and doesn't get washed very often so that's good that the lenses stay clean.

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So nice, and I love the shortened banner. You definitely never see that on step sides.

After a few months, how are the police/limited brake upgrade parts doing? I ordered the same stuff for mine, but they haven't come in yet.
Never really drive it with the other brakes so I can't really tell and difference. It also has the 11 inch rear drums from a surburban so it stops pretty good.

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man that is a beautiful truck! Love that dr pepper red! I also like the parts you're making with the 3D printer. The taillights on the truck, are those the eagle eyes ones? I have those on my Burb and like how they stay shiny and haven't faded. My truck has to sleep outside and doesn't get washed very often so that's good that the lenses stay clean.
Not sure i just got them off ebay for like 40 bucks.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
It also has the 11 inch rear drums from a surburban so it stops pretty good.
Everything from backing plate to hub from a burban, or just the drum and shoes? (apologies if you've already mentioned it before).

Edit: looking at Rockauto, that looks like the case. I’ll look into doing the rear upgrade soon.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Not sure i just got them off ebay for like 40 bucks.
OK cool thanks. I've had to buy them for my truck couple years ago, less than $25 each from an aftermarket crash parts warehouse in Houston. I know they're imported and not quite as heavy as the GM ones, but to get a pair of complete assemblies for around $45 was a great deal for me. Got their headlight assemblies for $37 each a little later, they are still fairly shiny too. Before I go back to doing out of town shows (when there's shows to go to LOL)I do want to upgrade the bulbs. That and/or driving lights. Just gotta see what I can afford, l know the best halogen bulbs at the parts house are a Benjamin for all 4. Just wish ya didn't have to pull the grille to change them, don't want to bust any more tabs off. P.O. broke several already, found out when replacing headlights. Oh well that's what old plastic does when you aren't careful....

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Everything from backing plate to hub from a burban, or just the drum and shoes? (apologies if you've already mentioned it before).

Edit: looking at Rockauto, that looks like the case. I’ll look into doing the rear upgrade soon.
Whole diff. I had a open diff. For 200 I got 11 inch drums. 373 and a g80 locker

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK cool thanks. I've had to buy them for my truck couple years ago, less than $25 each from an aftermarket crash parts warehouse in Houston. I know they're imported and not quite as heavy as the GM ones, but to get a pair of complete assemblies for around $45 was a great deal for me. Got their headlight assemblies for $37 each a little later, they are still fairly shiny too. Before I go back to doing out of town shows (when there's shows to go to LOL)I do want to upgrade the bulbs. That and/or driving lights. Just gotta see what I can afford, l know the best halogen bulbs at the parts house are a Benjamin for all 4. Just wish ya didn't have to pull the grille to change them, don't want to bust any more tabs off. P.O. broke several already, found out when replacing headlights. Oh well that's what old plastic does when you aren't careful....
I have LED headlights on all my trucks. 9nly about 40 dollars for the low beams

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The other day i realized i never finished the dome light. The stock one i couldnt get the small map light led to stay in and the dome wasnt very bright so I 3d printer a new base that uses 2 lens and 2 led panels.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach