SAS question:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BubbaZ71Tahoe

Reaction score
why do a sfa?

I beat on ifs with 38s and never broke anything... Unless you are wanting to do some hard core rocks you dont need a solid front axle

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
why do a sfa?

I beat on ifs with 38s and never broke anything... Unless you are wanting to do some hard core rocks you dont need a solid front axle
the articulation on the IFS is very limited, not nearly as strong as a solid axle, CV axles arnt at retarded angles, less moving and wearing parts............

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
the articulation on the IFS is very limited, not nearly as strong as a solid axle, CV axles arnt at retarded angles, less moving and wearing parts............

took the words out of my mouth

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Before you try an SAS you should really weigh your options first. With SAS it's a big cost vs benefit deal. What are you primarily using the truck for? I have been running 35s with no lift and stock IFS for years and abusing it on the rocks with really no issues. If you're not planning on doing anything too crazy IFS lift might be your best bet. If you plan on pushing big tires (35+) with lockers and big power through some really nasty trails, SAS might be the way to go. You can do SAS on the cheap but it's still gonna run you more than an IFS lift. Before you get into it I'd check out mine, 88GMCTruck's, 92sierra's and a few of the other guys on here's builds. Time and money add up quick and as straight forward as it seems, it's not a quick build. Either way good luck. There's tons of info on here and a bunch of us that are more than willing to help steer you in the right direction.