SAS or NOT!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JayBo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This year if tax refund permits, I'm gonna lift my truck finally. Nothing major, just a simple 6" or so with 35's and 15x8's.

Me and a friend were talking last night and he swears I can SAS for about the same price of a bolt-on kit. I don't really see how thats gonna happen. He claims he can get me a D44 from his father-in-law down in FL for $300, springs for a couple more hundred, and whatever else I need. I dont see doing it for under a grand.

Suggestions? Ideas?

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hell I already have d44 and springs, just worried I will run into a lot of hidden cost. You know the little stuff adds up fast, plus i would need to source a good transfer case. Have driveshaft made. I am in the same boat as you, thinking I will go with the IFS lift for simplicity I have a good idea of the cost and whats involved so I like the peace of mind.

JayBo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats kind of what I was thinking too. I mean hell for right around a grand I can have lift, and new wheels.
I already have the tires I'll run. THen maybe afterwards in a couple months regear

JayBo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup. I was afraid to attempt the sas also b/c its my DD and I'd have to bum a vehicle from someone to go to work in until it was finished.

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From all the articles I have read on SAS as long as you are prepaired with all the parts and go in with a idea of what you are doing its a weekend job. At least well enough to drive around in 2wd.

JayBo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I'll just save that until I get me a smaller DD

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
15x8's? Come on Jaybo. How come you're not going with 16's?

JayBo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cause I have a set of 35 12.5 15's already.
It would be cheaper to start out with, then I could sell those wheels and get more.
I never have probs selling wheels