4wd indicator light and SAS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glock20

Reaction score
Jesus man, take it easy. 2 posts in and you’re already making enemies.
LOL ok if that’s all it takes then someone’s too sensitive
No it won't work. If you really want to, then keep the actuator and zip tie it to the frame. My truck has a push button case, 4wd works, but the light blinks cause its think the actuator isn't actuating.
Well dang it, might have to take the bulb out until I get the motivation to do one of the alternate fixes
Tap into the switch on the top of the t case.
Thank you
If your just after the light, throw one of these on both ends of the shifter, under the dust cover...

You must be registered for see images attach
Thanks! Looks like those would do the trick
This is the answer I came to type. Just use the 12v+ output of the rollover switch located on the transfer case, feed it into the floor shift indicator for front axle engagement.
Thanks for the explanation! Good workaround

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
89 Ford d60, getting it modified at the machine shop to be a little wider and have the 31.5” spring pad spacing of the 77.5-79 d60s

Sounds like a good setup. Be careful on brake system. If the Chevy has low drag piston seals, you'll need to swap out the master cylinder to work with the non-low drag Ford dual piston brake calipers.

8 lug swapping the rear?

glock20

Reaction score
Sounds like a good setup. Be careful on brake system. If the Chevy has low drag piston seals, you'll need to swap out the master cylinder to work with the non-low drag Ford dual piston brake calipers.

8 lug swapping the rear?
i'm planning on converting to chevy brakes from lugnut4x4.com for the front. then a FF 14bolt for the rear so it should be plenty beefy

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
89 Ford d60, getting it modified at the machine shop to be a little wider and have the 31.5” spring pad spacing of the 77.5-79 d60s

Care to explain how their doing this? You can't machine into the housing 2 or what inches difference. Only way to do it right is to retube it....But explain....

glock20

Reaction score

Care to explain how their doing this? You can't machine into the housing 2 or what inches difference. Only way to do it right is to retube it....But explain....

So that d60 is the 36.5 spring spacing and I want 31.5 to keep tires off the leaf springs. So I’m getting the short side extended 5”, and that spring perch stays where it is because as you mentioned,it’s cast into the housing. But then moving the passenger spring perch inboard the same 5”. So that adds 5” width to the axle assembly giving me a 74.25 WMS, and also the 31.5” spring spacing.

That will help me keep my tires from rubbing both the leaves and the frame when turning, and get it a little wider at the same time. Also better drive shaft angle to (horizontally) so it’s not angled outboard as much as it would be if the housing was a lot closer to the driver side.

I’ll be using h2 wheels with 40s, those wheels have like a 5.5” backspacing so it won’t be super wide or anything, but will definitely have the tires out past the fenders

I’m also getting a internal sleeve welded in just to make sure everything stays as strong as possible.

You’re exactly right, have to either retube or cut and weld, I’m just going the cut and weld route and letting a machine shop do it to keep everything precise

Discussion here:

Here’s a doodle I did to keep from confusing myself with all the math:

You must be registered for see images attach

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be cheaper an easier just to run spacers? With H2's they will barely stick out. Or run a 44? I have 2 for sale lol

Last edited:

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think he wants a D60 to go with his 14 bolt FF
Mean green killing machine
Although i am still curious on the brake setup, do you plan to use chevy brakes from the gmt 400 era or squarebody.. etc? because the question of master cylinder is still relevant even with your decision to use chevy brakes. Because the early 80s when gm introduced low drag disc brakes along side the regular ones. I believe bendix was the regular and delco was the low drag, I could be wrong tho.
Wouldn't it be cheaper an easier just to run spacers? With H2's they will barely stick out. Or run a 44? I have 2 for sale lol