4wd indicator light and SAS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glock20

Reaction score
Working on a SAS on a 97 k1500

Once the old front 4wd stuff is out, how do I make sure the 4wd light on the floor shifter still engages? Currently it depends on the actuation of the actuator in the front diff (I think), but once that’s disconnected will it still work?

I vaguely remember a post saying someone left the actuator connected to the harness and just zip tied it up out of the way

Edit for the mongoloids: I’m asking if it won’t work after a SAS, how can I retain function of this light, or am I stuck just zip tying the actuator up and out of the way?

Last edited:

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SAS? solid axle swap? As in:
"not the factory axle that has the provision for the position sensor that illuminates the 4x4 engaged light"
You want to know once you SAS the truck, that light won't work?
No. It's not gonna work.

glock20

Reaction score
SAS? solid axle swap? As in:
"not the factory axle that has the provision for the position sensor that illuminates the 4x4 engaged light"
You want to know once you SAS the truck, that light won't work?
No. It's not gonna work.
okay so you just rephrased what I said. Any actual input to add?

Made an edit for you so you won’t have as much trouble understanding.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Forgive me sire. Forgive my
mongoloid
heritage. I was unaware that true intelligence was being displayed here.

I truly thought that if a genius, such as you, knew that the IFS axles contained the position sensor, you would also know that solid axles do not contain them.

My mistake, oh revered one. I humbly beg of you to grant me a boon. Allow me to continue to share this thread. Please?

Last edited:

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No it won't work. If you really want to, then keep the actuator and zip tie it to the frame. My truck has a push button case, 4wd works, but the light blinks cause its think the actuator isn't actuating.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
If your just after the light, throw one of these on both ends of the shifter, under the dust cover...

You must be registered for see images attach