Sagging Headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I had a quick question regarding my headlights as I'm looking to get this issue squared away soon. I recently purchased an eBay special core support to replace my bent one from the PO, and also bought new headlights. I've tried adjusting the headlights as much as possible but nothing seems to really change them. They just seem to be angled incorrectly, almost looking sad lol.

Is this an issue with my core support or my headlights? These were supposedly TYC from eBay but that claim's probably up for debate. Here's a few pics for reference.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Probably a combination of the wonky core support and bad adjusters on your headlights. A lot of people seem to have issues with some of the cheaper eBay light's adjusters.

Question, did you use the mounting brackets that came with the eBay lights? If so, do you still have your factory ones? I've fixed issues like this before by using the factory brackets and transferring the aftermarket housings over to them.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Even the famed "TYC Elegante" (no longer available) headlights did this. Each set I bought, I knocked off the alignment dowels in the back of the bracket, elongated the mounting holes, and then installed them with the bolts just finger-tight. Install the grille, shove the lights around until they're square in the opening, then carefully remove the grille and finish tightening the bolts.

Sometimes this also requires grinding the hole out in the core support that is there for clearance of the back of the adjuster screw. No biggie.

It sucks but it's a fact of life with aftermarket parts.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It sucks but it's a fact of life with aftermarket parts.

I was expecting to go through similar issues (or bracket swapping) with the Anzos I put on my '97s. Surprisingly, both sets went on flawlessly and lined up perfectly. So not all of them are so bad. Seems like from what I've read on here most are, though.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
The POs wreck busted the driver's side mounting bracket for the headlight and I'm 90 percent sure I chunked the passenger headlight as well. I'm not afraid of a little grinding and tweaking of the mounting holes, didn't really cross my mind until you brought it up but hey that would fix my issue lol.

I did eye the Anzo Chrome Euro lights as they seemed to have the best OEM resemblance, but I'd be afraid to sink money into buying them just to face the same issues I'm currently facing now. I'll toy with them over the weekend while my bumper's off and see what I can come up with. Thanks you guys!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It's really not a big deal to get them to fit the way I described. Just a little extra effort. Knowing is half the battle. :)

Richard