roll on bed liner removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcbeast

Reaction score
hi im new hear this is my first post. so whats goin on is i got a 94 sierra gt a few month ago its the first vehicle i ever owned and i would like to replace the rockers and front quarter panels as well as paint it black, but the guy i bought it from covered the entire truck in roll-on bed liner. so do any of you now a good way to strip it off?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man I bet that would be an absolute nightmare. That stuff sticks pretty well. Can't even sand some of them off, just gums up the paper in like two strokes.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well if it's the entire truck that you're trying to get it off of, I'd look into industrial strength paint stripper imho.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the only shot you have of getting that stuff off is media blasting. Nice thing with that is that it preps the surface for repair or paint.

gmcbeast

Reaction score
well the good news is im probably gonna need to replace the bed, quarter panels, and rockers and i plan on getting a cowl induction hood for it so all i really need to scrap off is the cab and doors. thanks for the replies the industrial paint stripper and media blasting are good ideas that ill try, but i aint settin my truck on fire :)