Rock guard spray recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with this? Which brands work best? Googling yields a large price variance between what's out there and it seems that most of it is hard to find. My local parts stores don't carry any of them so I'll have to order online. Any info is helpful

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have used a bunch of different products over the years from spray can stuff to schutz applied with a gun to sprayable seam sealer. Mostly having to restore oem appearance on collision repair jobs. All of it can be tricky to apply and get a nice uniform pattern/texture. Not all are clear and if your painting over it, it doesn't afford much chip protection anyway. I'd rather deal with a rock chip then a ***** mark where a rock tore a chunk of chip guard off and leaves you dealing with a deep hole the size of dime. My 2 nickels, but you didn't say what products you were looking at or what you're trying to accomplish????

95bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have used a bunch of different products over the years from spray can stuff to schutz applied with a gun to sprayable seam sealer. Mostly having to restore oem appearance on collision repair jobs. All of it can be tricky to apply and get a nice uniform pattern/texture. Not all are clear and if your painting over it, it doesn't afford much chip protection anyway. I'd rather deal with a rock chip then a ***** mark where a rock tore a chunk of chip guard off and leaves you dealing with a deep hole the size of dime. My 2 nickels, but you didn't say what products you were looking at or what you're trying to accomplish????

I'm just trying to keep my wheel openings and lower panels from getting all ganked up and I hate the look of mudflaps. So I don't think aesthetically it will be too obvious. I just bought duplicolor rocker guard in clear from Amazon. I've read good things about 3M but can't find it anywhere.