Rick's 1991 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBSz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also I want the wheels your currently have on what are those?

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also I want the wheels your currently have on what are those?

You must be registered for see images attach

They are just the stock ones with the clear coat stripped and then polished up. And some centre cap of an safari van or something.

I'll upload a better pic, one sec.

Last edited:

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rick's 1991 Silverado - NEW SHOES

So I finally got my Boze rims to my house and on my truck, it took about 7 weeks for the rims to finally make it to my house. The process leading up to them contained tons of research on what width and diameter to go with and the tire size too. I was on the tire conversion site quite a bit being sure I was getting the same diameter tire all the way around, as my original tires. Not too low profile and not high profile, just enough to make it look beefy. I had the tires for about a month, I initially bought 255/50 in the front but switched to 255/45 just so there was more of a stagger. I got the tires from Fastech tire here in Edmonton, they where super good to deal with and mounting was free.

The day the rims came in I reprayed the drums silver, actually Nissan silver, which believe it or not flowed really nice. Ill get around the calipers this weekend.

I finally took possession of my rims and immediately test fit them:

The next day my dad took them into get them mounted while I was at work and as soon as I got home we put the fronts on. We attempted to turn but it hit the hoop of the rim, after going up and down five times to fine tune how much to grind we finally got it. This is the finished product of the lower A arm:

Thinking I'll order up some new DJM A arms but I only want one more inch of drop so I'll to figure out what to do.

So here is before parked by my buddy's sportside:

Finally some pictures of the truck and wheels, specs will be on the very first post of the build:

Zach @ Boze Alloys was super good to deal with. I'm so happy with the way it turned out, the truck is night and day and it handles way better. I got the Pro-Touring "look" I was going for. Now to actually make it perform like its rims look hah. I actually ended up putting a 5mm spacer in the back just to get it to stick out that extra bit. Had Toyo of made 315/45 I would've been tempted to pick those up.

Last edited:

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't see the comments till now, sorry guys!

Looking like a great project truck. And those wheels look sick!! I can't wait to see them on the truck

Thank you, the day is finally here!

That looks great man. Paint and bodywork should be the last to come anyways so it isn't messed up while you are doing other work. (I can't see what's wrong with the hood on my phone thought.) Yall dropped guys make me want one!

Thank you, I agree. I would like to repaint the hood but then again I might aswell get the whole thing done. And I keep it outside in the summer so I would feel bad for getting a new paint job and having it fading. I would recommend dropping, then again I'm just a California want to be trapped in Canada hah.

Hahaha that's nothing my driver side in my bed is peeling like crazy

Atleast you can cover that up with a tonneau cover hah, I was lucky and mine had one on since birth.

OBSz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I finally got my Boze rims to my house and on my truck, it took about 7 weeks for the rims to finally make it to my house. The process leading up to them contained tons of research on what width and diameter to go with and the tire size too. I was on the tire conversion site quite a bit being sure I was getting the same diameter tire all the way around, as my original tires. Not too low profile and not high profile, just enough to make it look beefy. I had the tires for about a month, I initially bought 255/50 in the front but switched to 255/45 just so there was more of a stagger. I got the tires from Fastech tire here in Edmonton, they where super good to deal with and mounting was free.

The day the rims came in I reprayed the drums silver, actually Nissan silver, which believe it or not flowed really nice. Ill get around the calipers this weekend.

I finally took possession of my rims and immediately test fit them:

The next day my dad took them into get them mounted while I was at work and as soon as I got home we put the fronts on. We attempted to turn but it hit the hoop of the rim, after going up and down five times to fine tune how much to grind we finally got it. This is the finished product of the lower A arm:

Thinking I'll order up some new DJM A arms but I only want one more inch of drop so I'll to figure out what to do.

So here is before parked by my buddy's sportside:

Finally some pictures of the truck and wheels, specs will be on the very first post of the build:

Zach @ Boze Alloys was super good to deal with. I'm so happy with the way it turned out, the truck is night and day and it handles way better. I got the Pro-Touring "look" I was going for. Now to actually make it perform like its rims look hah. I actually ended up putting a 5mm spacer in the back just to get it to stick out that extra bit. Had Toyo of made 315/45 I would've been tempted to pick those up.

Wow those rims look great on your truck man!!! Looks good!!!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Really like those rims! Great choice!
Are those Toyo Proxes III?
Didn't realize that you were in Edmonton. What part? I did my 'time' there back in the late '70's. (No! Not prison time! But it did feel like jail though!)
There's a couple of GMT400's around here that are running those original wheels, but I've never seen 'em with the Astro centers. I'll have to remember that next time I'm at the wreckers.
Didn't realize that the lower control arms need to be ground down for 18's on a 4/6. I coulda posted you some pix of the grindage I had to do to get the 15's to work on my truck with the 4/6. Ya got it figured out, though.
Have you considered dropping the rear another inch? That'll level the truck front to rear. Easy to do with a drop shackle & a 1-1.5* wedge to correct the pinion angle.
Truck's looking good!