Reverse Gone, Drive is bad, what do i do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
96 is definitely NOT a one year tranny. 96-97 will interchange, and they are a one piece case.....His 98 is a two piece case with a 12 inch converter. In late 99 they changed the pump, converter, bellhousing, and input shaft. It takes a 12,1/2 inch converter. Your options are to rebuild, prolly around $800.00 with a year warranty, or used $400.00 with a 30 day warranty. Rebuild is always better, just not always in everybodys budget. If you go used, take my advice, don't buy a craigslist unless you have too. Always check local salvage yards. If you put it in and it does not move the tires, it's hard to find a guy from craigslist, but the salvage yard isn't going anywhere. car-part.com is what we use to look up parts. Most salvage yards list there inventory on there.

bderlan

Reaction score
How are you guys getting rebuilds so cheap,i got a 1800-2500 estimate

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
$850.00 exactly to rebuild my 4l60e, that includes a new torque converter, seals, bands, case degreasing, valve body cleaning, new springs.

Then another $40 something for a new neutral safety switch.

I put the tranny in at work with another guy.

bderlan

Reaction score
For what I can get outa it in its current condition,i figure itd be worth it just to learn something new and try and drop it myself.im still getting 2000-2500 quotes.ill see how much that drops if they dont have to drop it and install it themselves