Park is reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeekstr

Reaction score
Good morning. My son was driving our 92 K1500 and got home. Put the truck into park but it stayed in reverse. It will not go into park. I recently installed a rebuilt steering column. It was working great until last night. ??? And thanks

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morning. My son was driving our 92 K1500 and got home. Put the truck into park but it stayed in reverse. It will not go into park. I recently installed a rebuilt steering column. It was working great until last night. ??? And thanks
Disconnect the mechancial linkage at the selector and then put the truck in park manually via the transmission's selector. Then start the truck to see if it still goes into Reverse while in Park.

That should help you determine if the problem is in the trans or with the column/linkage...

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fixed, excellent! But what or how did repair, thanks!

Zeekstr

Reaction score
The part on the column that attaches to the shift linkage kept slipping. Repositioned it and tightened it up. I may put a drill stop on the linkage to prevent slipping