Replaced pins door still sags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Striker side with the door opened just enough to slip your block in there. Put some pressure on it and give it a few mins, then try to close the door. Don't wanna go too far.

rugby_7

Reaction score
Just got it done, worked like a charm. Its all lined up and shuts with ease. Thanks for the help!

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
98_k1500 has got it. That's how I did mine. The Jack goes on the latch side not the hinge side.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I asked some one at a body shop how they do it and that's what I was they said they do. Glad to here you were successful.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd go for the block of wood and jack method, too; just be sure you get it under the shell of the door and not on the edge as you will absolutely bend the edge and hate life immediately afterwards.

There's actually a tool that lets you hook onto the striker but I don't recommend it, or a makeshift tool here. The sheetmetal where the striker attaches is pretty thin and easy to bend, and you can even crack it. Again with the hating life.

Whichever method you choose, follow the earlier advice about not going too far. You can also crack the sheetmetal on the door shell near the hinge and ruin the door. I've seen it happen. Wait for it...guy was hating life.

Richard
I had to do it with the make shift tool method to adjust my doors down when I swapped doors onto a different cab.I agree that it could go wrong and you have to be careful or else... your hating life.

98_k1500

Reaction score
Somebody hated life at some point on my truck. I'll show ya what i mean when i go to lunch. I'll get a few pics.

98_k1500

Reaction score
Sorry guys, took the pic and forgot to post it. At least they did a good job. Could use a little paint tho.

You must be registered for see images attach

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
The jack amd block method is what is listed in my service manual. Kinda makes me wonder if the factory has an official Door Jack Man on payroll...