replace clutch fan with Electric fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so you're concerned about ice actually preventing the fan blades from spinning. Fair enough but honestly I'm not sure that that is a very common situation. At least not for the majority of us. I'm still not sure that by the time the engine was warm enough to kick the fan on the ice wouldn't at least be melted enough for the fan to break through it, if not completely melted.

PS. Some time ago I found a website with a bunch of PDF downloads of wiring diagrams for our trucks. I don't remember the site but I downloaded the ones I thought could be applicable to me in the future. Apparently I didn't think anything of it when I downloaded a "cooling Fan" circuit even though I knew my truck was belt/clutch driven. Anyway here is a link so that you can download the pdf from me.
http://ourhouse.thruhere.net/downloads/Cooling%20Fan.pdf I didn't notice anything that wasn't on the alldata one but I just quickly looked over it. I wonder if just a good temperature probe and multimeter could tell us the temperatures that this turns on and off at:think:

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I realize most members dont live in igloos like me LOL, but for my purposes and conditions the clutch made more sense. When winter gets cold enough to see C and F match and the snow banks are pushed over the telephone poles, you make sure your rig will be able to handle the worst and then curse the weather when it gets that bad ;)

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know this is a old thread but i installed the EFAN . got the fan out of a 2000 town
car and the volvo 2 spd fan relay $16.00 at jnk yrd. i did go back and got an extra

efan and 2 more volvo relays (pocket item) this time and it works great more throttle
response and better gas milage. i did cut the efan shroud so it can fit inside the yukon

fan shroud so it looks factory . can't put more pics on hear. go to www.photobucket.
com/qlcp for pics

Reaction score
I run a lincoln Mark VIII 18" 2 speed fan fabbed up in the stock clutch fan shroud and wired to run though my 411 PCM, along with a 454SS radiator.

Just completed my 0411 swap last weekend, looking into fans now. Lextech hooked me up with the pins in it when I got it from him and Justin at set me up with good on and off temps when he did my tune. I can snag a Mark8 fan for a pretty good price. Just need to know how to wire it up.