Relocating HVAC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4ofakind

Reaction score
Thanks. The bottom left has buttons for the 10" display and the slot to the right is for a slot-load DVD player.

Mal

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I like this.. Wish I didnt have that 4x4 switch and airbags and **** to deal with on my truck

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As far as moving the HVAC, Im looking for one from a late 90s Gran Prix/Grand Am. They look almost the same, but are a lot narrower. Im going to try and fit mine into the overhead console.

Last edited:

4ofakind

Reaction score
What kind of unit are you installing? Any pics?

Not installing a unit. I am installing a CarPC. The PC is mounted under the rear seat of my extended cab. I molded the dash to accept a 10" monitor and a usb slot load DVD.

This is my first time doing something like this. Im proud I did it myself, but not too happy it does not look as nice as some of th stuff the more experienced guys put out. If you got the skills and patience, I say mold it yourself. Otherwise, save up and pay for it.

Mal

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Not installing a unit. I am installing a CarPC. The PC is mounted under the rear seat of my extended cab. I molded the dash to accept a 10" monitor and a usb slot load DVD.

This is my first time doing something like this. Im proud I did it myself, but not too happy it does not look as nice as some of th stuff the more experienced guys put out. If you got the skills and patience, I say mold it yourself. Otherwise, save up and pay for it.

Mal

Nice! I just traded out my carputer for a tablet. post up some pics when done... that rear seat is quite a hike for cables.. I had mine in the console.. it was pretty ghetto though.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did this work?
You are replying to a 10 year pld thread. IDT any of the posters in this thread are still on here except me and you. If you look at the top of any thread, you will see a time stamp there. Day, date, and year, unless its very recent, like xx mins ago.