Regear to 4.10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
just remember that chart is in 3rd gear. so multiply that by .7 to get the overdrive rpms.

as for going from 3.73 to 4.10 isnt going to be worth it. if you find a new axle with them in it it may be the best way to do it, but having to regear its not. that change in ratio is only going to raise the rpms up by 300 or so.

if your going to 35's i would go to 4.56 no question. if you have a 10 bolt i'd look for a 14 bolt to swap in the new 4.56 and a locker of your choice. then swap it in and convert the front diff if you have one.

Good points, I would personally just look for a set of 4.10 housings. They shouldn't be too hard to find, and swapping housings is easy.
If going through the trouble and expense of regearing, go to 4.56. I don't believe you could get them in a half ton front end anyways (if you could...good luck finding a set).

I would not recommend running 3.73s with 35s. Power, mileage, stress...you get the picture. You can do it and lots of people do, but it isn't exactly ideal.