Redneck Pinstriping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
Just wondering, how many of you guys have super bad scratches from busting through brush? My truck's covered in deep scratches from it, but of course I have a bad habit of running it through trails that most people wouldn't want to squeeze a quad through :) Plus, my clear coat disappeared years ago, so there isn't much protection for the paint. Guess it just adds to the 'beat up old work truck' appearance that my truck has.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Haha I've got a few scratches going down the passenger bed side from driving through alleys and brush. Can't see them until the truck is clean :nono:

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
Haha I've got a few scratches going down the passenger bed side from driving through alleys and brush. Can't see them until the truck is clean :nono:

That's exactly why I leave my truck dirty most of the time :) You can still see mine, but they aren't half as noticeable.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Idk if it's just me or not but me and my buddy both drive through deep woods and swipe trees all the time and our trucks are scratched to hell but you can only tell from like an inch away. I dont know why but white is a very good color to have on a truck.

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
Idk if it's just me or not but me and my buddy both drive through deep woods and swipe trees all the time and our trucks are scratched to hell but you can only tell from like an inch away. I dont know why but white is a very good color to have on a truck.
Yeah our '04 is white and its the same way, much better than my maroon. But my truck's always dirty enough you can't see them too badly, and if anybody asks about it I just tell them that they signs that my truck actually does something, unlike their mall crawlers :)

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Trucks aren't meant to be beauty queens. They will get scrapes and scratches. I hate seeing the z92 and coal heritage trucks all shined up witch frames clean enough to eat off of. Those people should have bought a prius if they wanna keep em spotless. I'm not saying beat the living hell out of it and never clean it, but I simply hate mall crawlers. Trucks are meant to be trucks. Buff and wax away, I will when I get painted, but get some mud on the tires!!! Rant over...

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
Yeah our '04 is white and its the same way, much better than my maroon. But my truck's always dirty enough you can't see them too badly, and if anybody asks about it I just tell them that they signs that my truck actually does something, unlike their mall crawlers :)

Ya my maroon shows them alot i try to buff my truck with compound once a month to clean them up

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
My truck is a truck and is used like one.

It hauls stuff from the hardware store, often maxes out it gvwr, and tows a 9,000 lb trailer all over the continent.

But it's trail use is limited and scratches are few. You're be hard pressed to find any dirt deeper than 1/8 inch on the underside at any one time. But then again; I understand that mud and dirt sitting in and on steel means rust and PDQ at that. Air gun gets lots of use in and on my frame and body.

There's more than one way to "use a truck like a truck"......just because it's shiny and is never frame rail deep in mud doesn't't mean it's not used to it's potential.

;)