Rear shock bolt stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97K1500Mike

Reaction score
So I am replacing the rear shocks on my 97 K1500 (or at least trying to) and I am having on hulluva time getting the lower bolt out, or to even move for that matter. I have tried penetrating oil, a little heat from the torch, pulling with a box end wrench until my hands were numb and then trying with my foot and of course the ever popular swearing at it and hoping it scares into moving. I still got nothing. I had the same issue with the first one but after about 3hrs of beating it I got it.

I am looking for an easier solution so I can finish this crap job. The problem in the first one was the sleeve from the shock is rusted to the bolt. Needless to say I am coating these with anti-seize now to go back in.

Any help would work wonders!! Thanks!!

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Put a floor jack under the wrench. Its pretty redneck but its gotten the job done for me more than once.

97K1500Mike

Reaction score
Put a floor jack under the wrench. Its pretty redneck but its gotten the job done for me more than once.

Tried it and after about 3 or 4 times of damn near lifting the ass end up it finally broke loose enough to get it by hand. Thanks for the tip!

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Tried it and after about 3 or 4 times of damn near lifting the ass end up it finally broke loose enough to get it by hand. Thanks for the tip!

glad it worked... and that you didn't kill yourself in the process.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Go buy yourself an air hammer with a few attachments. You'll end up using it for a lot of jobs. Glad u got it out.

Sent from the surface of the sun