rear lift options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dans95silvy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so i have a 95 1500. and i have a lot of sag in my rear leafs.

i just bought a used skyjacker 6" lift off a buddys truck, its the old style i think with a full tubular cradle setup

and the only thing he had for the rear lift was blocks. and i dont want to run blocks.

as you can see how much sag in the rear i currently have. only thing in my bed is the skyjacker lift, and a set of drums and rotors that i just replaced
my aluminum toolbox with nothing currently in it.

You must be registered for see images attach

when i lift the rear i want to go alll spring. maybe.
what are my choices for the rear?

2500 springs?

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
im pretty sure a 2500 leaf would give you maybe 2 inch lift ... If that's what it is.. I would say run some new leafs with a 4 inch block... or maybe a drop shackle could work too.. If I remember correctly, you could get the shackle drop with is about 2 inches, with the 2500 leafs would be another 2 inches. Then you could run a little 2 inch block...

dans95silvy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmm looks like a shackle flip is good for 4" lift from ord. so a shackle flip and 2500 springs should put me at 6"

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
If you do a shackle flip you need a zero rate then set your front lift at 5 inches thats what im gona do anyway

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
If you do a shackle flip you need a zero rate then set your front lift at 5 inches thats what im gona do anyway

Hmm, I didn't realise that a shackle flip can get you down to 5 inches! I guess that's what you get for taking advice from a 4x4 noob ... lol

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Hmm, I didn't realise that a shackle flip can get you down to 5 inches! I guess that's what you get for taking advice from a 4x4 noob ... lol

4 inch ord shackle flip and a 1" zero rate there are bigger shackle flips out there though