Rear differential need to be rebuilt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only difference would be at low speeds right? Like driving on an icy road it will handle the same

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only difference would be at low speeds right? Like driving on an icy road it will handle the same

Open diff is better on ice, if you get in it too hard frequently only one wheel will break loose and the other keeps you planted on the road. With posi/G80 etc... as soon as lockup grabs and you get a personal meeting with the nearest ditch or snowbank. I would never want a posi in my winter driven truck, if you get into deep snow and need both wheels spinning set the park brake about half way and you'll crawl right out.

My truck is 2wd though, with 4wd the posi isn't a big deal because you have the front end driving to keep you on top of the road where you want to be.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Posi is better in every situation. Imo but I understand where your coming from on the ice

LiftedVictory

Reaction score
Stay away from lockers if you're worried about driving in the ice. a posi would be better as the engagement isn't as sudden. It's a slower engagement so it might be better for icy roads. Less likely to end up in the ditch

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Stay away from lockers if you're worried about driving in the ice. a posi would be better as the engagement isn't as sudden. It's a slower engagement so it might be better for icy roads. Less likely to end up in the ditch
And less likely to have fun

MinnesotaChevy

Gasser or Diesel?
Reaction score
I would've just run to French lake if that happen to me but I also have a 14 bolt already

Wish you you luck.