Rear Bumper Bracket, 3" BL on 99 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm getting ready to spend some money on the burb, and due to what I want to do NOW; I am doing a 3"BL and 1.5" block with crank instead of a decranked 6" RCX (By doing it this way, I am also getting 4.56 gears and tuning). Here's my issue, bumper gaps DRIVE ME NUTS! I sent an email out to PA about the PA PN# 10003 (Rear Bumper Brackets for OBS) asking if they would fit a suburban, and they said it will not as the suburban has a different sub frame??

What I need to know from you guys is; Will that bumper bracket actually work (Is the PA guy smoking crack??) IF not, what are my options? This isn't the first PA BL I will be doing, but my last 1 (02 F150) came with bumper brackets front and rear.

I want to get this ordered today (if I find an answer), so all help is very appreciated.

~Bourbon

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I dont know what the 'burb brackets look like, but i just flipped and reversed my stock rears. took me about 2hours start to finish.

Before:
You must be registered for see images attach

After:
You must be registered for see images attach

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
burbs dont have brackets the mounting point is just a extention on the frame to raise the bumper you have to cut the rear rails off iirc you would have to ask bluebus (guy with solid axle swaped tahoe) he had a body lift for awhile and im pretty sure his bumper was raised

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
burbs dont have brackets the mounting point is just a extention on the frame to raise the bumper you have to cut the rear rails off iirc you would have to ask bluebus (guy with solid axle swaped tahoe) he had a body lift for awhile and im pretty sure his bumper was raised

Ugh, that's sounds like crap.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Another member just did this, the brackets for the rear bumper will in fact not work on the suburban, tahoe, etc. There was something about cutting and fabbing