Rear Brake issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently replaced the rear brakes (drum brakes) the wheel cylinder on the passenger side was blown out, the brakes were down to metal and the drum was wasted. (im abusive, I know) anyways I swap in new wheel cylinder, drum and brake shoes. go to the rear driver side, and it looked great, probably could of just left it alone there was so much meat left on the brake shoes, new brakes come in a 2 pairs and I bought 2 wheel cylinders, so I swapped out the driver side as well with new brakes and wheel cylinder.

I bled the brakes, and it was weird, because i usually start furthest from the master cylinder, passenger rear, i had my daughter pumping the brakes, couldnt get any fluid to come out, so i moved on went to driver rear, tons of air in the line but eventually brake fluid comes out, bleed the front, come back to the passenger rear and I have brake fluid coming out when I bleed it now. So I think all is well and set the shoes to where there just barely touching the drum, throw tires on and test it out...... when I hit the brakes the truck pulls to the right, so the driver rear is still not working.

any suggestions?

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Ill have re check the lines, I did not see one.

I get brake fluid out of all the lines.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Ill have re check the lines, I did not see one.

I get brake fluid out of all the lines.

With the Driver's side unhooked at the wheel cylinder you get fluid? Were you able to really bleed that side?

Also, you made it seem like you went out of order for the bleeding. If there's air in the lines, I usually get in and pump the hell out of the pedal to agitate everything, then refill the fluid, then gravity bleed until fluid shows up, then actually pump/bleed normally.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I went out of order the first time, because i was getting nothing on the passenger side. when I came back to it it was bleeding out so I went all the way around again. all 4 brakes were bleeding out the second time around.

it was pumping out the driver side pretty good, solid stream of fluid.

who knows, I had a 12 year old pumping the brakes, maybe she let off right before I tightened it. which is very possible... Ill bleed em again, see what happens.