Rear axle.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Started up my hoe after three weeks of driving my new car. And i dont know if i got use to it. But i have started to notice a slight noise from my gov bomb. I gotta change the fluid now.
Whats the best oil to use?
Wheres the fill hole?
Do i need a gasket for the diff?

Thanks

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You dont "need" a gasket. But I would use one. If not just use some rtv gasket sealer. And you need to use fluid without any limited slip additives. The fill hole is on the pumpkin on the passenger side about half way up. Theres no drain plug. I believe the fluid needs to be gl-5 spec (or is supposed to be). Get 3 quarts. Youll have some left over but it takes a tad over 2 so you will need the third. Also a tip, either get a pump or a short section of rubber hose that will slip onto the tip of the bottle and fit into the fill hole. Tbose bottles are a paint to tip up and fill without spilling.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
80w90 fluid, you didnt say whether its a 14 bolt or 10 bolt, so count the bolts and tell us that, 10 bolts take a little over 2 like 19trax95 said, 14 bolts take little over 3, fill plug is on pass. side of differential, its a 3/8ths drive plug, use a 3/8ths socket wrench to get it off, or a 3/8ths impact with an extension, I use right stuff from auto parts store to re-seal, dont over tighten the diff bolts, if even 1 strips it can leak.